Windows 10: Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager

Discus and support Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my HP laptop. I recently reloaded Windows 10 using a Windows 10 installation mediaUSB. After reloading, I found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmrutanshuMishra, May 15, 2020.

1. Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 on my HP laptop. I recently reloaded Windows 10 using a Windows 10 installation mediaUSB. After reloading, I found that the wifi adapter is missing in the device manager.

Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager 8e9a6bc4-e195-4605-85bb-a5ba03ce897c?upload=true.png

Due to this I am unable to connect to any Wifi network. The network connection tab in the taskbar is just showing the "Airplane Mode" button, which also is greyed out.

Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager 680c7145-28fb-4d70-a890-d3e5b6ccd6b4?upload=true.png

The Network and Internet section in the Control panel is not showing the WiFi option:

Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager a8b67f47-9b15-4d7f-8a56-b4a9bb4c8e00?upload=true.png

Also, the Airplane mode section in the network and internet says "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC."

Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager 074a16f3-46cc-4efe-b1e8-39ecbbcc6295?upload=true.png

Could you please help me with this issue? How can I get the WiFi Adapter back in the device manager? I have checked the WiFi connection and it is working fine on my phone. Thanks in Advance!

:)

AmrutanshuMishra, May 15, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, May 15, 2020
  4. Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager

wifi adapter missing from device manager

Yesterday all of a sudden, My wifi got disconnected. It seems the wifi adapter is missing altogether from the device manager. I tried

1. restarting the laptop
    2. re-installing the wifi drivers
    3. Check hidden devices in device manager
    4. Check windows 10 setting and tried resetting the network
    5. Tried driver update with Driver Easy and DriverPack
    6. Tried running netsh commands

None of the above worked. Also after successfully installing the driver and restarting the laptop. The freshly installed adapter is also not showing in the device manager.

I have gone through many posts and vlogs regarding this issue but none of them solved my problem. Please help me fix this. Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

ratul keot, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager

1. Wifi Adapter missing in Network Adapter section of Device Manager - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter missing

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  6. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  7. WiFi adapter missing from device manager

WiFi adapter missing from device manager: I have a HP Pavilion 15- AU084TX laptop. Win 10 . The wireless adapter from device manager is missing. The adapter is Intel dual band wireless ac-1365. Today, i was using wifi and suddenly wifi option went missing from the settings and the computer. Then i tried to update the...
  8. Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage: Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage. I had tried updating driver, booting my laptop with window 10 three times but nothing happed. I already getting frustration because of it. Its been a week i got this problem.. I dont kn[ATTACH]ow why is this happening...
  9. Network adapters are missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapters are missing from device manager: So I think my personal notebook was left on for a week or two and today when i opened it, there was no network + a few other things. 1) completely no network adapters (i dont use LAN, only wifi) 2) audio driver is installed but not working 3) mouse driver is not installed...
  10. Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks

Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks: The problem arised after I had come back from a month of using an ethernet connection which I no longer have access to, so I switched back to this, to find it not working at all. The Wifi adapter doesn't even show up in network connections. In device manager, it shows up and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter missing problem

2. network adapters

3. lenovo wifi disappeared