Windows 10: WiFi Adapter Missing

Discus and support WiFi Adapter Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10. I left my computer in the middle of the night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laurence_111, Mar 29, 2019.

1. WiFi Adapter Missing

Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10.

I left my computer in the middle of the night and when i woke up, I suddenly had new background pictures and my wifi shows a red X. I suspect that my computer went through an auto update. Ive been looking for solutions one I still cant seem to solve it.

I went on to Device manager, Network adapters and i dont seem to have any wifi adapter. Can anyone help me with this? It's urgent thanks!

:)

Laurence_111, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Missing WiFi (Wireless) adapter

Hi everyone,

I have problem with my WiFi connection

My WiFi adapter is installed (It is in Device Manager) and it works when I boot in Linux.

Problem is that the adapter is NOT listed in Network Connections when I click on "Change adapter settings".,

only Ethernet is listed, and it works. This happened after deleting some WiFi profiles, and disabling Hyper-V because I don't need it anymore - Tried to Enable Hyper-V again, but my PC still does not show adapter.

Notebook: ASUS X552C

I've tried installing and updating drivers - same thing after...

Some screenshots:

WiFi Adapter Missing cc834b0b-a99b-46f6-8742-d1ba5dfb6802.png

- listed under Device manager, and working on Linux (it's not hardware problem)

WiFi Adapter Missing ffa71917-2bf3-4de3-a11e-8e9f790b5b12.png

- updated driver, reinstalled driver

WiFi Adapter Missing 91afa186-d217-495c-b783-d973ac6bc70e.png

- no WiFi adapter listed

WiFi Adapter Missing 1dd993df-127b-46cf-85b6-04d991061680.png

IvanGolubic, Mar 29, 2019
  4. WiFi Adapter Missing

Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Adapter Missing

1. WiFi Adapter Missing - Similar Threads - WiFi Adapter Missing

2. WiFi Adapter Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Missing?: HelloI have a HP 15 Notebook running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.I closed my laptop last night and this morning when I opened it it say it encountered an error and needed to restart. Upon restarting, I now have no wifi and no wifi adapter. The only thing showing is the...
  3. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  4. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  5. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter is gone missing: My laptop was running on windows 10 and an auto update happened, after the restart the wifi adapter is gone, it was three months ago and i tried everything since update to windows 11, update and reinstall wifi driver, Winsock Reset, Network Reset basically i tried everything...
  6. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  7. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  8. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: My wifi adapter is completely missing from my laptop. I have tried searching for it in device manager—>show hidden devices—> network adapters but there is no wifi adapter showing up. I have tried redownloading the driver from the ASUS website using an ethernet cable but that...
  9. Wifi adapter missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter missing: Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable. I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there checked my device manager and my wireless driver is gone updated the system win 10 reset the pc its looking like I might have...
  10. Missing Wifi Adapter

Missing Wifi Adapter: After turning on my laptop from sleep mode, I noticed that the wifi option in the network is missing, from the settings its missing, from the device manager its missing, only the ethernet is left, what can I do?...