Windows 10: Wifi adapter missing

Discus and support Wifi adapter missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable. I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by willseals, Oct 10, 2020.

1. willseals Win User

Wifi adapter missing

Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable.

I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there

checked my device manager and my wireless driver is gone

updated the system win 10

reset the pc

its looking like I might have to go back to win 8.1 just to be able to use my Bluetooth and wifi functions

:)

willseals, Oct 10, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Simkoo Win User
    Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

This is a screenshot of my device manager

Wifi adapter missing [​IMG]

I can't find the Intel WiFi drivers because I don't remember exactly what version I need and the automatic installer doesn't detect the adapters as missing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a screenshot of my device manager

Wifi adapter missing [​IMG]

I can't find the Intel WiFi drivers because I don't remember exactly what version I need and the automatic installer doesn't detect the adapters as missing.

Simkoo, Oct 10, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

Wifi adapter missing

Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter missing

1. Wifi adapter missing - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter missing

2. WiFi Adapter Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Missing?: HelloI have a HP 15 Notebook running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.I closed my laptop last night and this morning when I opened it it say it encountered an error and needed to restart. Upon restarting, I now have no wifi and no wifi adapter. The only thing showing is the...
  3. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  4. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  5. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter is gone missing: My laptop was running on windows 10 and an auto update happened, after the restart the wifi adapter is gone, it was three months ago and i tried everything since update to windows 11, update and reinstall wifi driver, Winsock Reset, Network Reset basically i tried everything...
  6. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  7. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  8. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: My wifi adapter is completely missing from my laptop. I have tried searching for it in device manager—>show hidden devices—> network adapters but there is no wifi adapter showing up. I have tried redownloading the driver from the ASUS website using an ethernet cable but that...
  9. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10. I left my computer in the middle of the night and when i woke up, I suddenly had new background pictures and my wifi shows a red X. I suspect that my computer went through...
  10. Missing Wifi Adapter

Missing Wifi Adapter: After turning on my laptop from sleep mode, I noticed that the wifi option in the network is missing, from the settings its missing, from the device manager its missing, only the ethernet is left, what can I do?...