Windows 10: Wifi adapter not found after upgrade

Discus and support Wifi adapter not found after upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop computer (formerly operating Windows 7) connects to my wifi router via a Netgear USB adapter. The programme still seems to be installed but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by songbird, Aug 13, 2015.

1. songbird Win User

Wifi adapter not found after upgrade

My desktop computer (formerly operating Windows 7) connects to my wifi router via a Netgear USB adapter. The programme still seems to be installed but computer says 'no network available'. I rather think re-installing the netgear thing is the way forward but how can I do this when I can't connect to download the driver???! Any other ideas please?

:)

songbird, Aug 13, 2015
  2. kpx1 Win User

Windows 10 - WiFi DHCP not assigning address

Just upgraded to Windows 10 on a HP2000 Notebook. The upgrade worked flawlessly with one exception. I performed the upgrade while wired to the network. When I switched to WiFi, the adapter showed "Limited Connectivity". Using Regedit, I looked at HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Tcpip/Parameters/Interfaces
    and found that my WiFi adapter was receiving a DHCP assigned address.

In my home, I use DHCP statically assigned addresses and typically I assign the same IP to both wired and WiFi adapters on a given machine. What I didn't realize is that because the wired adapter had already been assigned the same DHCP address, the WiFi
    adapter somehow couldn't re-use the address it was given by the DHCP.

After giving the Wifi adapter a different DHCP-assigned address than the wired adapter, it worked perfectly.

3. WiFi Not working after upgrading OS to windows 10 in HP 15-r014tx

When i upgrade win 8.1 to 10 my wifi adapter is not working .... it is desable completely.... after doing R&D on that.. i found interesting thing that is .... when i boot my laptop to safe mode completely and then i back to again system then wifi adapter
    is working... but if i want wifi than that step is necessory to do... and it's complicated....so please provide some way to get out of this issue ... i have Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 wifi adapter.....

Sachin_Dobariya, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Use an Ethernet cable and plug the laptop into one of the routers Ethernet ports. Hopefully your laptop has the correct drivers for the Ethernet port. If not, try the solution below.

Download the Netgear drivers to a USB drive on another computer (family, friends, library, computer retail store, etc). While you are downloading that driver, I would download a complete set of Windows 7, 8 and or 10 drivers for your computer for all of its hardware, just in case. Windows 7 and 8 drivers work on Windows 10 (although it's best to use a Windows 10 driver if it's available).

Antilope, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Wifi adapter not found after upgrade - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter found

2. wifi adaptator not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi adaptator not found: i have a asus x540y and i have a problem with my wifi adaptator, sometime my wifi work normaly but someother time i start the pc to show me there is no ethernet cable and i can't even find any trace that my pc have wifi. like the wifi serch panel is not shown and i can only...
  3. WiFi not found after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not found after Update: I am able to connect to my WiFi just after Windows update. I troubleshooted many times it didn't work. I couldn't WiFi options during troubleshooting and i couldn't find WiFi driver in device manager...
  4. Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade

Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, My Wifi adapter has disappeared on my new Lenovo C50 all in one computer. I have had the computer about 2 months and it has been Windows 10 the whole time and has functioned generally well, although the Wireless connection has occasionally stopped and showed no wireless...
  5. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep: My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone....
  6. Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10: After updating windows 10 to 1903 and above, i am unable to connect to any 5 ghz bands, i am forced to connect to my slower 2.4 ghz band. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC88 adapter. I have tried all available drivers with no change in this behavior. I have tried to disable the...
  7. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...
  8. Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.: Hi Everyone. I have a few intel PC sticks (5 total) Pro Stick x5-Z8350 4GB 64GB Windows 10 Pro - Black - SC3-X5PRO | Mwave.com.au REcently they went thru the automatic Windows 10 upgrade and now the Wifi adapter is nowhere to be found. I have been able to get 1 to work...
  9. WiFi adapter not found

WiFi adapter not found: Downloaded a reputable program called "WiFi Analyzer" to see adjacent WiFi signals (neighbors, etc.) and evaluate if I am getting interference or a weak signal. On boot the program reports "WiFi Adapter not found". I'm pretty dense on this topic since I mainly work from a...
  10. Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender

Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender: Running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitutde I was trying to setup a Netgear Wifi Extender because the Fios Router does not reach all the way to the other side of the house. I did the setup (so I thought) the way the manual told me and my computer was trying to connect to the...