Windows 10: WiFi adapter not functioning properly

Discus and support WiFi adapter not functioning properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time windows update the above screen shot is what I get. Wifi is not longer visible. After managing to fix it the last time, I began not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aya Ude, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Aya Ude Win User

WiFi adapter not functioning properly

Every time windows update the above screen shot is what I get. Wifi is not longer visible. After managing to fix it the last time, I began not updating. However, the program seem to have found away around forcing an update, whether I want it or not. This last time, when I was asked to update, I turned wifi off before shutting down, so it will not automatically update when I turned the computer on again. However, a few days later, when I turned my computer back on, wifi magically turned itself on, and the update was forced through, since at that point I could not stop it. As soon as the update finished using wifi to update, which I had previously turned off before closing down the computer, airplane mode came on and all Wifi option went missing (See screen shot above)

(See screen shot below) is what I got when I went into the View tab, and selected "Show hidden device". As you can see all icons next to the 3 wifi adapters are faded which I assume means is not available. I went ahead anyway (on a wiing and a prayer) and selected the "Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn i-Fi Adapter and tried to update the driver. Message that came back was that this driver was already updated with the latest version. QUESTION: what do I do from here to get back to Wi-Fi. When I tried to rollback to previous settting before update, computer gets stuck on blue screen, initializing........

When I click on the Ethernet below there are no wifi option. When I go into settings there are no Wifi option. When I select show available network, the only option is Ethernet.

:)

Aya Ude, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 23, 2018
  4. WiFi adapter not functioning properly

Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

WiFi adapter not functioning properly

1. WiFi adapter not functioning properly - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter functioning

2. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  3. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  4. 100417cf usb wifi adapter not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100417cf usb wifi adapter not working properly: I want to use my USB dangle but it gives me an error when I'm installing the driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100417cf-usb-wifi-adapter-not-working-properly/ef14d397-eb7d-4dfa-85b3-b55be831ab90
  5. 100417cf usb wifi adapter not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100417cf usb wifi adapter not working properly: I have a USB dangle that I want to use but it gives me an error after installing the driver. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100417cf-usb-wifi-adapter-not-working-properly/5664709b-f886-4b08-970f-644f97c05b9e
  6. 100417cf usb wifi adapter not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100417cf usb wifi adapter not working properly: I have a USB dangle that I want to use but it gives me an error after installing the driver. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100417cf-usb-wifi-adapter-not-working-properly/5664709b-f886-4b08-970f-644f97c05b9e
  7. 100417CF USB wifi adapter not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100417CF USB wifi adapter not working properly: I have a USB wifi dongle which I cannot use because after installing the driver it gives me this error code 100417CF and won't show any network to connect. What to do?...
  8. WIFI taskbar not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI taskbar not functioning properly: Hello, My laptop is currently running on Windows 11. I have this problem where my Wifi, Volume, Battery, and keyboard Language icon shows nothing when clicked but only happens after about 30 seconds. But it only showed briefly for about 2 seconds without anything Blank...
  9. WIFI taskbar not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI taskbar not functioning properly: Hello, My laptop is currently running on Windows 11. I have this problem where my Wifi, Volume, Battery, and keyboard Language icon shows nothing when clicked but only happens after about 30 seconds. But it only showed briefly for about 2 seconds without anything Blank...
  10. Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.: I was having couple of problems with my pc which I had mentioned them all in my previous question that I had asked, can you please check that all, after that only try to answer my question, I will provide the link just below of this line. my previous question where I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wifi is no functioning

2. wifi device is not functioning