Windows 10: WIFI adapter not recognized

Discus and support WIFI adapter not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried upgrading WIFI on an old Lenovo 3000 N200, by adding Intel AX200NGW, an adapter like this and antenna adapters. Also flashed a BIOS with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TKW, Jan 6, 2020.

1. TKW
    TKW Win User

WIFI adapter not recognized

I tried upgrading WIFI on an old Lenovo 3000 N200, by adding Intel AX200NGW, an adapter like this and antenna adapters. Also flashed a BIOS with supposedly whitelist check removed.
    Now, in Windows 10 32bit, I get in Control Panel 2 unrecognized entries, but Windows would not find any drivers/updates. Installing the WiFi_21.60.2_Driver32_Win10 driver from intel, it gives no error, says done (very quickly), but nothing changes. I also tried removing, reinstalling and rebooting, but nothing changed. Also tried factory BIOS, no change.
    Had an old Intel card before. What/why can it be?
    Any idea?
    Thanks in advance!

:)

2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. S_and_S Win User
    Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Jan 6, 2020
  4. WIFI adapter not recognized

WIFI adapter not recognized.

I have been using a TP-LINK Archer T2UH wifi adapter card, and whenever I do a large download, Windows make the sound that a USB device has been unplugged, and stops recognizing that there is anything in the port. It shows the no ethernet connection warning
    with the red X, and the light on the adapter stays solid on. It is not an issue with the adapter as it worked fine on other computers. It only seems to happen on steam, and downloading from other similar applications. Any help is greatly appreciated.

KingBlobfish, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

WIFI adapter not recognized

1. WIFI adapter not recognized - Similar Threads - WIFI adapter recognized

2. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  3. Ethernet adapter is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet adapter is not recognized: Hi, I have a ky-688 lan-usb adapter with usb hub, the hub is working with no problems, but since yesterday the adapter is not recognized or sounds constantly plug in and plug out notification.I tried with other lan cable and a pc with lan port, but the problem is only with...
  4. Wifi adapter

Wifi adapter: Hello my wifi adapter is good but when I launch fortnite internet disconnects i used ethernet everything was fine another problem drivers are all updated USB N10 NANO ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/44a1d247-f685-4a6d-ba85-a986c8980390
  5. Wifi Adapter Not Recognized by Windows 10 at All.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Not Recognized by Windows 10 at All.: My usb wifi adapter isn’t being recognized by Windows 10 at all. It doesn’t show up in device manager, and when I troubleshoot the internet connection it tells me to plug in an ethernet cable - as if there is none connected. It is a Realtek 8812BU. I have tried everything the...
  6. Wifi Adapter is not updating/being recognized

Wifi Adapter is not updating/being recognized: System details pertinent to the problem: WIndows 10 home OS, Ryzen 3600X CPU, Asus prime X470 motherboard, TP link TX50E wifi 6 and bluetooth adapter. So, I have all the correct indications of the network adapter drivers not being installed i.e. The drivers for this device...
  7. It says my pc doesn’t recognize a wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It says my pc doesn’t recognize a wifi adapter: So for Christmas I got a pc that my uncle originally had so I had to factory reset it, while his account was still on there I could connector wifi, after I factory reset it and I went through the set up it only gave me the option to connect with a ethonet cable no wifi...
  8. USB wifi adapter not recognized as one

USB wifi adapter not recognized as one: I have recently made a new gaming rig and to save money I didn't activate windows and decided to use an old wifi adapter but it wasn't recognized as a adapter but as a "Other Devices" Is there a solution or do I have to buy a new adapter?...
  9. WiFi Adapter

WiFi Adapter: So i have a laptop that only supports 2.4 gz wifi. If i get a wireless wifi adapter will i be able to use 5 gz? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/72060fb5-b939-4709-84e3-8b5dcde397b2
  10. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter: The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like computer thinks it doesn't support wifi, just wired internet. I opened device manager and there was no wifi under network...