Windows 10: Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

Discus and support Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arsal Ajaz, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but nothing seems to be working. I am also getting this issue with the audio. Could it just be a windows compatibility issue since it's reinstalled and not the original version? ​

:)

Arsal Ajaz, Dec 8, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

Windows 10 Wi-Fi issues wifi adapter is hidden in device manager and I can't connect to wifi.

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?

• Do you get any error when you try to access Internet using your computer?
    As of now, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Press "Windows" + "X" and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select show hidden devices.
    • Now expand Network adapters, you will see the
      wifi adapter .
    • Enable it by using right click option.
    Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

1. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter Showing

2. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi card not showing up in device manager: I have a laptop that does not recognize the wifi card at all. Its not in device manager>network adapters, i cannot access wifi settings because it thinks there is only ethernet. Ive tried endless lists of solutions with drivers, changing settings, ive been jn the bios, done...
  3. Wifi card not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi card not showing up in device manager: I have a laptop that does not recognize the wifi card at all. Its not in device manager>network adapters, i cannot access wifi settings because it thinks there is only ethernet. Ive tried endless lists of solutions with drivers, changing settings, ive been jn the bios, done...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  5. No wifi adapter in device manager

No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  6. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi adapter is not showing in Windows 11 or in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter is not showing in Windows 11 or in device manager.: Hello Microsoft employees, I hope you all are doing well.Recently I did a clean installation of windows 11 on my HP laptop from a Authorised HP service centre since then and before my wifi option not showing up in task menu or in setting options sometime it's available...
  8. Wifi adapter is not showing in Windows 11 or in device manager.

Wifi adapter is not showing in Windows 11 or in device manager.: Hello Microsoft employees, I hope you all are doing well.Recently I did a clean installation of windows 11 on my HP laptop from a Authorised HP service centre since then and before my wifi option not showing up in task menu or in setting options sometime it's available...
  9. Device Manager shows WiFi adapter and Scanner in Other Devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager shows WiFi adapter and Scanner in Other Devices: A few weeks ago, after an update, our Fujitsu Scanner, the scanning function of our Epson printer, and our Realtek WiFi adapter all stopped working. They now appear in device manager under Other devices, with the yellow ! sign. All have been uninstalled and reinstalled...
  10. Wifi card doesnt work, shows up in device manager but does not show up in network adapters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi card doesnt work, shows up in device manager but does not show up in network adapters.: I just installed a brand new MSI Intel 8265, PCI-E adapter for my first pc build, I have installed the latest drivers for the card, uninstalled and re-installed them, and restarted the pc. This card also has bluetooth witch seems to be working fine....