Windows 10: WiFi adapter not working since last windows update (just disappeared and not possible to...

Discus and support WiFi adapter not working since last windows update (just disappeared and not possible to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 home edition Version 1903 OS build 18362.239 in a Dell Inspiron 5559 i7 64-bit last July 10th. I downloaded and installed the "new"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FernandoAlvarez9, Jul 23, 2019.

1. WiFi adapter not working since last windows update (just disappeared and not possible to...

I have Windows 10 home edition Version 1903 OS build 18362.239 in a Dell Inspiron 5559 i7 64-bit last July 10th. I downloaded and installed the "new" version 1903. From then to today I have been not able to connect to internet using the wirless adapter, only ethernet cable. I have talked to Dell (nothing happend) to Intel (nothing happened) and my last chance it is you.

Everybody say it is because of Windows 10 last update. What can I do?

:)

FernandoAlvarez9, Jul 23, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. kentosan Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Jul 23, 2019
  4. WiFi adapter not working since last windows update (just disappeared and not possible to...

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

WiFi adapter not working since last windows update (just disappeared and not possible to...

1. WiFi adapter not working since last windows update (just disappeared and not possible to... - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter working

2. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  3. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  4. WiFi option disappeared since the last update of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi option disappeared since the last update of windows 11: since the last update of windows 11, wifi and bluetoth completely disappeared, I have tried uninstalling drivers, remove the update, install old drivers, and nothing works, in device manager always appear with error the wifi driver and a usb device. the usb error is 43 and...
  5. WiFi option disappeared since the last update of windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi option disappeared since the last update of windows 11: since the last update of windows 11, wifi and bluetoth completely disappeared, I have tried uninstalling drivers, remove the update, install old drivers, and nothing works, in device manager always appear with error the wifi driver and a usb device. the usb error is 43 and...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  7. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...
  8. Battery options disappeared since last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery options disappeared since last Windows Update: Good morning, Since I last updated Windows 10, I can't choose if I want to be on performance mode or balanced or power saving as shown in the screenshot, I can't enable it from notification board aswell. I'm on MSI GL65 9SD laptop [ATTACH] Thank you for your attention...
  9. No more wifi since last windows update

No more wifi since last windows update: Since the KB4549951 I have no more wifi on my computer. I already tried all those, unsuccesfully: - Uninstall update - All the problem resolution software inside windows - Restart the services linked to network - Updating the drivers drivers are up to date for sure now...
  10. No wifi since last windows update

No wifi since last windows update: Hi, We cannot connect to wifi since the last windows update. When we go to network it only shows airplane mode and no wifi connections available. We are pulling our hair out, please help. Thanks...