Windows 10: WiFi adapter not working - Windows 10

Discus and support WiFi adapter not working - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my wifi adapter is not working it would work for a few minutes but internet would never work it would give warning sign near network then turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonSkinner1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. WiFi adapter not working - Windows 10

Hi, my wifi adapter is not working it would work for a few minutes but internet would never work it would give warning sign near network then turn off few minutes later, tried troubleshoot 5 times and restarted 4 times but still is not working since last night.

Anyone able to help on how to fix? Thanks

:)

JonSkinner1, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Honey Win User

Wifi adapter buying guide, which also work on mac.

Want to buy wifi adapter but getting worried if those dont work on mac.
    I have list.
    Edimax EW-7811UN
    TP-Link TL-WN823N
    Edup N8553
    But please guide me.
    Also wanted to know, what if adaptor support mac 10.9 does it means it can support latest too?

Honey, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Wifi adapter not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Method 2 : If the issue persist I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the drivers and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Bob338 Win User

WiFi adapter not working - Windows 10

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

WiFi adapter not working - Windows 10

1. WiFi adapter not working - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter working

2. windows 10 wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 wifi adapter: I basically be browsing normally and suddenly it says that there is no internet access the weird part is when I'm playing in a third party online game like roblox or minecraft servers this issue doesn't happen until I leave the server or close the game unlike when I'm in...
  3. WiFi Adapter not working on Windows 11/10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi Adapter not working on Windows 11/10 computer: [ATTACH]If you notice you’re having network & internet connection problems on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC and issues like Unidentified network appearing, the Wi-Fi connection is limited, low Wi-Fi signal strength or the WiFi adapter is not working at all, then this post...
  4. Wifi adapter not working! (Windows 10)

Wifi adapter not working! (Windows 10): I was trying to change the mac address of wifi adapter. But i accidently chaged the tcp ip. The moment i changed it, wifi adapter just disappered from controlpanel/network and sharing center/network adapters. I also looked at device manager and saw that my wifi adapter had...
  5. Wifi adapter not working! (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi adapter not working! (Windows 10): I was trying to change the mac address of wifi adapter. But i accidently chaged the tcp ip. The moment i changed it, wifi adapter just disappered from controlpanel/network and sharing center/network adapters. I also looked at device manager and saw that my wifi adapter had...
  6. wifi adapter not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi adapter not working in windows 10: hello everybody i have a problem when i start my window in minmal safe boot in windows 10 my wifi is not working can someone help me. i try many ways to enable wifi but windows says cannot run wifi in safe mode .please help me....
  7. Wifi Adapter won’t work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Adapter won’t work on Windows 10: I have this Netgear A6100 wifi adapter, I plugged it into my PC and it wouldn’t work so I brought up device manager to see if it was even connecting. On device manger it just says the driver isn’t updated and whenever I uninstall and reinstall it just says “device...
  8. Wifi Adapter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter not working: I have dual boot sytem with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16. The wifi used to work until I updated the Windows 10 recently in both the operating systems. After the update the wifi began disappearing each time I boot. Sometimes the wifi adapter is visible but on next boot up it...
  9. Windows 10 USB wifi adapter cant work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB wifi adapter cant work: I`m here second time. I still haven`t found any solution to my problem and it triggers me a lot. I have TP Link usb wifi adapter. It just doesn`t work at all since i`ve uninstalled it from device manager. Computer cant identify it. It shows up in devices as 802.11n wireless...
  10. wifi adapter not working

wifi adapter not working: Hi i have recently purchased a cheap usb adapter to make up for my damaged onboard wifi. here is the link...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter not working windows 10

2. windows phone wifi stopped working

3. internet not working after update

4. wifi adapter windows 10 not working