Windows 10: wifi adapter not working

Discus and support wifi adapter not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i have recently purchased a cheap usb adapter to make up for my damaged onboard wifi. here is the link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mdk66, Nov 27, 2018.

1. mdk66 Win User

wifi adapter not working

Hi i have recently purchased a cheap usb adapter to make up for my damaged onboard wifi.

here is the link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300Mbps-WiFi-Wireless-Network-Usb-Adapter-Dongle-802-11-B-G-N-Lan-Laptop-PC-UK/282745558021?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

the drivers that came with it do not seem to work any help getting this sorted would be very much appreciated.

the error after installation is no rtl818x. many thanks

Item specifics
    Condition:
    New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
    Non-Domestic Product: No
    Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom Model: LNP2502
    System Requirement:: Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, Win7, Win8, MAC, LINUX Type: Dongle
    Compatible With :: WPS WiFi Protected Setup Wireless Network Security Modified Item: No
    Adapter Socket :: USB 2.0 Network Connectivity: USB, Wireless-Wi-Fi 802.11b, Wireless-Wi-Fi 802.11g, Wireless-Wi-Fi 802.11a
    Provides two work modes:: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc MPN: LNP2502
    Feature 1 :: Signal Strengthen Antenna Feature 2 :: Receiver & Transmitter function
    Brand: Unbranded/Generic Color :: Black
    Max. Downstream Data Rate: 300Mbps Style :: Mini Design
    Supported Wireless Protocols: Wi-Fi 802.11b, Wi-Fi 802.11g, Wi-Fi 802.11n, IEEE Wifi Supported Frequency :: 2.4G
    EAN: 0686560199554

:)

mdk66, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Honey Win User

Wifi adapter buying guide, which also work on mac.

Want to buy wifi adapter but getting worried if those dont work on mac.
    I have list.
    Edimax EW-7811UN
    TP-Link TL-WN823N
    Edup N8553
    But please guide me.
    Also wanted to know, what if adaptor support mac 10.9 does it means it can support latest too?

Honey, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

wifi adapter not working

Wifi adapter not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Method 2 : If the issue persist I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the drivers and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

wifi adapter not working

1. wifi adapter not working - Similar Threads - wifi adapter working

2. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  3. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  4. USB wifi adapter is not working

USB wifi adapter is not working: Hi, I recently purchased a USB wifi adapter. However, I'm having some issues with it, after installation I received an error message "Access violation at address 100417cf in module RaWLAPI.dll" The wifi networks are not showing. I tried restarting and using diffrent port but...
  5. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  6. USB wifi adapter not working

USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  7. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  8. Wifi adapter stopped working

Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  9. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Wifi Adapter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter not working: I have dual boot sytem with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16. The wifi used to work until I updated the Windows 10 recently in both the operating systems. After the update the wifi began disappearing each time I boot. Sometimes the wifi adapter is visible but on next boot up it...