Windows 10: Wifi adapter problems after replacing new SSD.

Discus and support Wifi adapter problems after replacing new SSD. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I'm running a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro on Acer Aspire VN7-791G. It's not a new machine so I decided to boost it up a bit by replacing old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rick Shiftkicker, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Wifi adapter problems after replacing new SSD.

Hey,

I'm running a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro on Acer Aspire VN7-791G. It's not a new machine so I decided to boost it up a bit by replacing old WD10JPVX HDD into new Samsung 860 EVO SSD. I got 2 of them. Migrated OS to the one and did a clean install to the otherfor a second machine. Everything was running smoothly after the migration and replacement of the SSD, except the WIFI signal keeps dropping. It connects and disconnects either immediately or after few seconds . It seems That the network adapter "Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter" doesn't function together with the new SSD and I cant figure out why? I redid the migration, thinking that the problem was caused by it, but to no effect. Installed the other SSD with clean windows. Same issue. But if I connect the old HDD, the issue disappears it connects to the internet and everything runs smoothly just slowly.

I tried addressing the network adapter by running Network troubleshooter.

Updated drivers, rolled them back, downloaded 15 different generations of drivers from the manufacturers website and installing them manually.

Uninstalling the device and taking it out of the machine fiscally, then reinstalling it.

Ran flushing, renewing, scanning commands on command prompt. None of them found any issue with the device.

Turned on and restarted services in services.msc.

Did all the tinkering in the device, properties IPv4, 6. Manual IP. Changed the values in configure / advanced.

The only evidence that the device isn't running properly I found in the event viewer with several errors, warnings and information messages.

I may have tried other solutions that I found online, just don't remember them all. I've been sitting on this problem for a few days.

Any new ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

Rick Shiftkicker, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Mar 20, 2021
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter problems after replacing new SSD.

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

Wifi adapter problems after replacing new SSD.

1. Wifi adapter problems after replacing new SSD. - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter problems

2. Replacement of WIFI network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacement of WIFI network adapter: Hello, I have recently replaced on my laptop the internal wifi mini card RTL8187B - 802.11b/g with a newer LCL-RTL8821CE card in order to try to receive 2.4 and 5ghz signal. The Laptop is an old 2010 Notebook made by Clevo computers model : M77SUA - uPGA 479M recently also...
  3. Replacement of WIFI network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacement of WIFI network adapter: Hello, I have recently replaced on my laptop the internal wifi mini card RTL8187B - 802.11b/g with a newer LCL-RTL8821CE card in order to try to receive 2.4 and 5ghz signal. The Laptop is an old 2010 Notebook made by Clevo computers model : M77SUA - uPGA 479M recently also...
  4. Replacement of WIFI network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.: Recently, my fan was replaced, because the old fan is making grinding noise. Exactly after the fan replacement, I noticed that my laptop is not getting connected to wifi, after a long amount of time, I noticed that wifi is getting connected only when I sit close to the wifi...
  6. Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.: Recently, my fan was replaced, because the old fan is making grinding noise. Exactly after the fan replacement, I noticed that my laptop is not getting connected to wifi, after a long amount of time, I noticed that wifi is getting connected only when I sit close to the wifi...
  7. WiFi adapter problems.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WiFi adapter problems.: A few days ago my WiFi stopped working. The computer said something was wrong with the adapter. The ether net still worked. I rebooted, unplugged power and rebooted still didn't work. a couple days passed and it started to work again ?...any suggestions on what happened?...
  8. Replace HDD with SSD Problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HDD with SSD Problems?: Hello, community, I bought an SSD today and wanted to replace my old HDD with this one. I have successfully cloned the content of the HDD onto the SSD and now I wanted to put it into operation. But if I select the SSD in the boot menu as boot device, the screen stays black...
  9. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: Hi so I recently got a Realtek 8812BU wifi adapter and I'm having troubles connecting with the 5ghz wifi. The 2.4ghz is working fine but whenever I connect to the 5ghz it disconnects while I'm downloading something or speed testing it....
  10. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: My laptop is a lenovo yoga 730 13IKB. A couple of days ago, it stopped connecting to wireless internet, so I am on able to use the ethernet cable (with an attachment) to use the internet. I tried clicking the troubleshoot button and it said "there might be a problen with...