Windows 10: WiFi adapter randomly disables

Discus and support WiFi adapter randomly disables in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, A problem that has been really annoying me for a while now, is as the title says, my WiFi adapter disables at random times, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MysteryAndrae, Sep 18, 2018.

1. WiFi adapter randomly disables

Hello there,

A problem that has been really annoying me for a while now, is as the title says, my WiFi adapter disables at random times, then enables. Then it can't find any networks, then it does and I have to manually connect again.
    This first happened suddenly, during a match of Rainbow Six Siege. Now it happens at least 6 times a day at random times.
    I've tried uninstalling its drivers and restarting. I've used Driver Easy to update the drivers. In the Power Management I've unchecked the box to let the computer turn off the device to save power.
    According to the troubleshooter there is nothing wrong. Under Device Status is says the device is working properly.

It's a Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter. I have Killer Control Center installed.

I have no clue how to fix this issue and it's becoming incredibly annoying.

Thank you.

:)

MysteryAndrae, Sep 18, 2018

2. How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 18, 2018
  3. WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Sep 18, 2018
  4. WiFi adapter randomly disables

WiFi adapter disables itself

Thanks for the information.

So far, here is what has transpired;

Method 1 - Just Applied 1-15 - Results TBD

Method 2 - applied November 2016 - Wifi Adapter failed

Method 3 -applied 1-14 - Wifi Adapter failed

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

Right click on Start and click Command Prompt (Admin)
    and enter this command:

netsh int ip reset

Hit Enter key. Now, monitor your WiFi connection. Original link:
    How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Applied November 2016 Wifi Adapter still failed

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".
    • Restart the PC (Important)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Applied 1-14 - Wifi Adapter failed same day.

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

Right click on Start and click Command Prompt (Admin)
    and enter the following commands:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

Dave Robson, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

WiFi adapter randomly disables

1. WiFi adapter randomly disables - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter randomly

2. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  3. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  4. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  5. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  6. Wifi and Bluetooth Adapter is disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Bluetooth Adapter is disabled: I own an ASUS TUF FX505 DT. It has Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. The wifi problem is that it works fine for 2-3 mins and after that, it shows can't connect to the network if tried to turn off then turn on the wifi it doesn't show any wifi network. I have...
  7. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  8. wifi randomly disabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi randomly disabling: using laptop irrelevant and my wifi device randomly disables itself. if i try to reconnect immediately, it can't connect to the router. no further error messages or any output is available. issue is inconsistent as well. more or less randomly hitting "idle". i tried to...
  9. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently: My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't use this...
  10. Battery disabling WiFi adapter?

Battery disabling WiFi adapter?: i believe that my battery is responsible for my laptops inability to access the internet. I am running windows ten. Woke up yesterday to find my laptop either cannot see any available wifi networks, or when connected to my wifi, is secured but lacks internet. it alternates...