Windows 10: WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running.

Discus and support WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I'd be able to find some good help here. I have a Netis WF2190 wifi adapter on my desktop here, and it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by H4X0R46, Mar 17, 2018.

1. H4X0R46 Win User

WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running.

Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I'd be able to find some good help here. I have a Netis WF2190 wifi adapter on my desktop here, and it keeps randomly disconnecting while running only certain games. It sometime disconnect and reconnects (enough to drop me from online games which is infuriating to say the least.) or completely shuts off my adapter, forcing me to restart to fix the issue!

Now for some information. I know this adapter uses a Realtek RTL8812AU chipset, a notorious one for issues in Windows 10. I use this one for it's long wifi range as I am far from the router. It works well hardware wise, but Windows 10 just hates this device. I'm running Windows 10 Professonal 64 bit with ALL current updates, I try to keep current on all of them. The driver I'm using is from netis' website. Here's a link. WF2190
    I'm stumped here, any ideas? Thanks all!

:)

H4X0R46, Mar 17, 2018

2. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

so recently my Wifi will randomly shut off while I'm using it. All I have to do to fix it is run the troubleshooter and it says it fixed the problem. However, sometimes this will cause me to lose my work or be disconnected from calls, games, etc. Anyone
    have any ideas on what my problem could be?

HasanKhan4301, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Wifi Adapter Disconnects Randomly

In my computer, I have an Intel Dual band Wireless-AC 3165 Network Adapter. It disconnects randomly (typically when the computer has been on for a while.) I tried to google this and many referred to the power management tab which I don't have in the adapter
    properties. Another problem is that it would show up in my safely eject devices icon on my taskbar. I feel like this may be related to it disconnecting. It's also just annoying as I generally classify myself as a fast user and I sometimes accidently click
    the wireless adapter instead of the USB, especially with a trackpad. I've also tried reinstalling drivers and checked Windows Update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IronCreeper, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running.

1. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running. - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter randomly

2. Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming: I have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, and whenever I try to go on any multiplayer game with my charger plugged in, my wifi disconnects and shows the “No internet, secured” message in the wifi tab. I have tried to run the network and internet troubleshooters, perform a clean...
  3. Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming: I have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, and whenever I try to go on any multiplayer game with my charger plugged in, my wifi disconnects and shows the “No internet, secured” message in the wifi tab. I have tried to run the network and internet troubleshooters, perform a clean...
  4. Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet disconnecting while playing certain games

Internet disconnecting while playing certain games: This problem has been occurring for a year now, I once fixed it by messing around with the settings and the other time It was fixed by a computer maintainer, but recently, it came back for some reason, and it is very annoying. basically, what happens is that my internet...
  6. Random BSOD while running certain video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD while running certain video games.: Hello, My pc is only about a year old and was built from NZXT. I currently get unexpected restarts / BSOD while playing certain games and I'm getting an error in the log that says. "Shut down unexpectedly" Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0...
  7. Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming

Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming: I have a Windows 10 Msi GF63 8RD gaming laptop, and whenever I try to go on any multiplayer game with my charger plugged in, my wifi disconnects and shows the “No internet, secured” message in the wifi tab. I have tried to run the network and internet troubleshooters,...
  8. Wifi disconnect while online gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi disconnect while online gaming: I have been observing wifi adapter getting crashed whenever I start a online game(apex legends). At first it happened like once or twice so I didn't bother much but now its just continuously happening. I reinstall the adapter and again the same problem. First one hour is just...
  9. My wifi disconnects when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi disconnects when playing certain games.: I have no clue when it started happening. Whenever I play certain games on my laptop like lets say fortnite, rainbow six siege, valorant, etc. My wifi suddenly disconnects after being in the game for about 5 minutes. I have no clue why. However if I play minecraft or Among...
  10. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...