Windows 10: Wifi adapter showing in disk drives and refusing realtek drivers

Discus and support Wifi adapter showing in disk drives and refusing realtek drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last year I got some random 600mbps realtek 8811cu wireless lan 802.11ac usb nic device. It was going fine until my pc GSoD yesterday and corrupted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DragonHost337, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Wifi adapter showing in disk drives and refusing realtek drivers

Last year I got some random 600mbps realtek 8811cu wireless lan 802.11ac usb nic device. It was going fine until my pc GSoD yesterday and corrupted my drivers. My device now registers as "Realtek Driver Storage Device" on task manager under drives. Clearly it still has it's drivers, it's just confused as to where it should be. I tried to give it the realtek 8811cu wireless lan 802.11ac usb nic drivers again but it rejected it and continued to live as a drive. I've tried uninstalling it and updating the drivers, resetting my pc, everything and nada. Weirdest part is that it works great on my crappy laptop but refuses to work on my desktop. I've tried tracking down the company but somehow managed to find an oil changing company. Lucky for me its all software. Unlucky for me its all software. If you have any questions about stuff I left out please ask because this is really limiting how much I can do on my PC at the time. Please help.

Thanks.

:)

DragonHost337, Apr 8, 2020
  2. quiltam Win User

Realtek wifi adapter isn't working

This problem started a few days ago. Initially I thought it was due to a dead spot in our home. After a few days I realized that was not the case. The troubleshooter narrowed it down to the Realtek wifi adapter. I went to
    the Network adapters under Device Manager. There was an indicator there (the yellow triangle I think). I checked for driver update, there were none. Received a "message" that I had the driver recommended and/or up to date. I found info suggesting I roll back
    the driver. That option is not available. I found suggestion to uninstall the network adapter, restart and hopefully that reinstalls the driver. That didn't work. The Realtek adapter that I initially was dealing with is now gone. I had other messages in Device
    Manager saying the adapter couldn't start code 10 and couldn't be found. I currently have Realtek PCle FE Family Controller listed. I think that was there before but not the wifi adapter initially identified as this problem. This controller seems to be ok.
    I found information suggesting some type of installation or update could be the culpret. I had recently upgraded a program so did a system restore back to before the update. Initially this seemed to work but now the problem is back. I found information about
    generating a wlanreport but received "failed, error is 0x3A98." I found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues. I don't believe the problem is the router, modem, etc. basic issues. Ethernet cable works
    but that was never the issue. I did not turn off firewall, antivirus protection, etc. as that seems irrelevant and I'm hesitant to do anything anymore. This only other thing on this list that I haven't done is the network reset. Again, hesitant to try anything
    else, especially when this article says "last resort." It appears to me that I have completely lost the ability to use wifi and that the realtek adapter needs to be turned back on or reinstalled and nothing else I've seen seems to offer that solution. I tried
    virtual assistant which led to some of the suggestions. I thought there was a chat available, can't find it. I don't see what the Skype option is supposed to do; it doesn't seem to "call" anyone.

Trying to find more Realtek info in history: Realtek RTL8821ae wireless lan 802.11ac may be the actual adapter that no longer shows up.

quiltam, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Wifi adapter showing in disk drives and refusing realtek drivers

Realtek RTL8188CE wifi adapter

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter showing in disk drives and refusing realtek drivers

1. Wifi adapter showing in disk drives and refusing realtek drivers - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter showing

2. Network adapter not showing WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter not showing WiFi driver: Hi! I recently installed windows 10 on my sisters laptop after her SSD m.2 went corrupt and no longer was coming up in BIOS. The laptop also kept booting into BIOS because of this. However, now that I’ve done an install using USB flash drive 64 bit windows 10 home, the laptop...
  3. Network adapter not showing WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter not showing WiFi driver: Hi! I recently installed windows 10 on my sisters laptop after her SSD m.2 went corrupt and no longer was coming up in BIOS. The laptop also kept booting into BIOS because of this. However, now that I’ve done an install using USB flash drive 64 bit windows 10 home, the laptop...
  4. Network adapter not showing WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi refusing to show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi refusing to show up: My Windows 10 computer updated and now I'm unable to connect to my internet. It only shows up as though I am using an ethernet cable, but I am not. I have tried all the things Microsoft recommends, and it's not working.I disabled ethernet and yet it still says I'm using it....
  6. Wifi refusing to show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi refusing to show up: My Windows 10 computer updated and now I'm unable to connect to my internet. It only shows up as though I am using an ethernet cable, but I am not. I have tried all the things Microsoft recommends, and it's not working.I disabled ethernet and yet it still says I'm using it....
  7. Wifi refusing to show up

8. Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit

Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit: Hey TenForums, long time no see! Basically, I've been having this weird issue for the past couple of days that has driven me to the point where I'm almost pulling my hair out. The issue is that my Realtek network adapter (the RTL8111H) will not stay, or even be on gigabit...
  9. Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared

Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared: My HP laptop runs on Windows 10 and was not connecting to the wifi network, displaying the "Cannot connect to this network" error. I found the usual advice saying to "Forget" the network and re-enter the password, which didn't work. Then found another advice to type Start +...
  10. Realtek Audio Drivers Refuse to Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Drivers Refuse to Install: My PC has been missing audio drivers for a while, but I didn't care because I just used an Audiobox USB. Headphones work fine but when I try to connect a microphone to my Audiobox it will not read. Clearly because of the lack of audio drivers. There is no Realtek audio...