Windows 10: Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x

Discus and support Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; im using a Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC and before i had this issue i was trying to solve a previous issue where the adapter would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luis Lopez Llamas, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x

im using a Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC and before i had this issue i was trying to solve a previous issue where the adapter would disconnect itself for no reason, i installed the latest drivers but that didnt work so i uninstalled the device and restarted my laptop, and now the adapter wont work because it has "no RTL818x"

:)

Luis Lopez Llamas, Jun 14, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. S_and_S Win User
    Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Jun 14, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x

Strange RTL818X message

Hi Mike

RTL818X refers to your Relatek WiFi device driver.

Where exactly are you seeing this icon, if possible a screenshot would really help . . .

Is that some sort of prompt to update your driver and if so, does it mention some kind of Driver updater software>

DaveM121, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x

1. Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter shows

2. Network adapter not showing WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter not showing WiFi driver: Hi! I recently installed windows 10 on my sisters laptop after her SSD m.2 went corrupt and no longer was coming up in BIOS. The laptop also kept booting into BIOS because of this. However, now that I’ve done an install using USB flash drive 64 bit windows 10 home, the laptop...
  3. Network adapter not showing WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter not showing WiFi driver: Hi! I recently installed windows 10 on my sisters laptop after her SSD m.2 went corrupt and no longer was coming up in BIOS. The laptop also kept booting into BIOS because of this. However, now that I’ve done an install using USB flash drive 64 bit windows 10 home, the laptop...
  4. Network adapter not showing WiFi driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows wont show my wifi adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont show my wifi adapter?: So i built a new pc and moved my m.2s over to the new one totally new motherboard my wireless adapter does not show up anywhere on windows, i can connect via ethernet but not wirlessly, i have even installed the drivers off of the manufacturers website for my motherboard...
  6. Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters: I tried installing a new GeForce driver update, but my computer froze after the install so I hard restarted. Ever since then, WiFi does not show up at all and Bluetooth can not connect to anything. I've been fiddling with a lot of the tutorials on how to fix WiFi issues, but...
  7. Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters: I tried installing a new GeForce driver update, but my computer froze after the install so I hard restarted. Ever since then, WiFi does not show up at all and Bluetooth can not connect to anything. I've been fiddling with a lot of the tutorials on how to fix WiFi issues, but...
  8. Wifi adapter not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi adapter not showing: Hi My wifi connections are no longer showing. Every time I start my laptop, all I get is the airplane mode option. I have looked at previous discussions on the topic, but none of the suggestions are working for me. I have an HP laptop running on Windows 10, version 2004 with...
  9. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but...
  10. Strange RTL818X message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange RTL818X message: An Icon for No RTL 818X has recently appeared. I don't know what this is and don't have one. Nothing in Device Manager. Any help as to what this means? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no rtl818x

2. no rtl818x windows 10

3. realtek usb wireless lan utility no rtl818x

4. no rtl818x wireless.windows.10,
  5. RTL818x.exe,
  6. rtl818x