Windows 10: Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

Discus and support Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my wifi adapters are not working after a recent update. Whenever i try to connect its like my adapter is unplugged and plugged back in and it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XanderClause, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

my wifi adapters are not working after a recent update. Whenever i try to connect its like my adapter is unplugged and plugged back in and it shows that i am not connected and no connections available but ive tried 2 different adapters ive downloaded new drivers and tried all usb ports i have been trying to fix for 2 days fnow plzhelpo

:)

XanderClause, Sep 13, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. simrick Win User

Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

1. Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter shuts

2. Ethernet Adapter Shuts Off While Gaming Only - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Adapter Shuts Off While Gaming Only - Windows 11: Hello there!My Issue:Since the windows 11 update, while i play games which some of them are not power demanding due to their age the Ethernet adapter shuts off while the wifi keeps working, because when the adapter shuts off the wifi icon pops up and show that there is...
  3. Ethernet Adapter Shuts Off While Gaming Only - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Adapter Shuts Off While Gaming Only - Windows 11: Hello there!My Issue:Since the windows 11 update, while i play games which some of them are not power demanding due to their age the Ethernet adapter shuts off while the wifi keeps working, because when the adapter shuts off the wifi icon pops up and show that there is...
  4. Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter: Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my wifi lately. It’s been happening for two weeks and now its the worst it’s ever been. My wifi randomly disconnects and when i try to reconnect, none of my local wifi connections show up. This only happens to my computer, everyone else in...
  5. Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off: When i turn on the laptop, the connectivity is okay, the problem starts while i was trying to search anything in google chrome or i was trying to run any online game. The wifi is prompting to off, when i was trying to reconnect it showed "Can't connect to this network". I...
  6. Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi: Laptop is a pretty old ASUS running windows 10. By old i mean maybe 2016-2017. I was using it just fine yesterday, but all of a sudden it started doing this. Here are a few things I have tried: disabled the adapter for a few minutes then reenabled it reset my wifi through...
  7. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  8. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device. I...
  9. Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off

Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off: Using my phone to do this, I have been dealing with my wifi adapter doing this, it will last 10 mimutes at most before it shuts off and will not turn back on, troubleshooter keeps saying Windows 10 cant bind the IP protocal stack to the network adapter. It is a belkin Wifi...
  10. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594