Windows 10: Wifi Adapter stops working while playing game

Discus and support Wifi Adapter stops working while playing game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I tried to open game in My laptop, my wifi adapter stops working, it only stops while opening games, after troubleshooting and restart it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rupesh Manandhar, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Wifi Adapter stops working while playing game

Whenever I tried to open game in My laptop, my wifi adapter stops working, it only stops while opening games, after troubleshooting and restart it works again, but can't play online games.

:)

Rupesh Manandhar, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Jun 16, 2021
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Wifi Adapter stops working while playing game

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been acting up. Sometimes it last 3 to 4 days before it quits working.1. Sometimes this is what I do to get it to work. Device Manger>Right click on Network Adapter> Pulldown menu option Disable this this device. Right-click on Network Adapter>Pulldown menu option and chose Enable this device. Wifi begins to work again for a random period of time. It varies. Eventually it fails altogether and a yellow triangle icon appears beside the listing for the Network Adapter.At this point if I want to use the internal Wifi card is to perform a Network Reset which requires a restart.2. My Wifi Card is a Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wifi card.a. My Ethernet card is messed up. The gold plated metal that surrounded the Cat 45 Connector tore off. An Cat 6 Cable still plugs in but eventually works it's way out.b. What is different in Resetting the Network Adapter and restarting the computer than disabling and then re-enabling the Network Adapter? c. I had read on several forums that unchecking the Option Under Power Management> Allow this computer to turn off the device in order to save (battery) power.It has been listed as a possible reason the Network adapter quits working. But when I perform a Network Reset that option is re-enabled.d.My computer stays plugged in AC. I get a low battery warning every time the computer reboots. But since it stays plugged in I disregard the low battery warning.3. I do have another wireless card that can plug into a USB port. But then at some point that card will disable the USB port.a. Then the only way to restart that USB port is to Restart the Computer.b. I have checked the Servises.msc and check to make sure WLanSvc is running WLAN Auto Config So at this point Is this a Virus? Would a New Network Adapter resolve my issues? Is this a Device Driver Problem?When Autoreboot is performed are changes made in the registry that resets everything to factory settings?

1ThursdayJC, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Wifi Adapter stops working while playing game

1. Wifi Adapter stops working while playing game - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter stops

2. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  3. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  4. Problem with wifi while playing games

Problem with wifi while playing games: Hello there,I really don't know what is going on. While playing game on my laptop asus tuf gaming f15, I just launch my game on Steam. For about 20 minutes it is everything allright, but after that I can't really play and got constantly about 170 ms. I know it's not my...
  5. Wifi/Network Adapter not working after playing game

Wifi/Network Adapter not working after playing game: Hello, just recently, I was playing a video game that didn't really necessary needed to be online. Yesterday, I was playing for a few minutes and when I turned on the laptop Lenovo Idepad L-340 gaming the wifi option was gone and the only thing left in the options and task...
  6. Wifi/Network Adapter not working after playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Network Adapter not working after playing game: Hello, just recently, I was playing a video game that didn't really necessary needed to be online. Yesterday, I was playing for a few minutes and when I turned on the laptop Lenovo Idepad L-340 gaming the wifi option was gone and the only thing left in the options and task...
  7. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  8. Wifi adapter stopped working

Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  9. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Network Adapter keep not working while playing game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter keep not working while playing game: So lately my Laptop which is Asus tuf FX504, it’s Network Adapter started acting weirdly. It keep stop running while I play game, last 2 month it didn’t happen like this. When I check it properties it have Code10 error popping up. My Network Adapter is intel r wireless ac...