Windows 10: Wifi adapter turned off

Discus and support Wifi adapter turned off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EssamSaied1, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Wifi adapter turned off

since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable.

I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device.

I bought a USB wifi adapter when I think there is a problem in my wifi adapter, but even with the USB wifi adapter still has the same problem the wifi goes off when the internet cable is connected

and there is no way to activate the mobile hotspot

what can I do

:)

EssamSaied1, Aug 23, 2019

2. WiFi won't turn on

Hi Joel,

As you are facing issues with turning on the Wi-Fi on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Have you turned on Airplane mode on your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2019
  3. MarkWW Win User
    Turn off WiFi adapter

Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"?
    Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them?

MarkWW, Aug 23, 2019
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

Wifi adapter turned off

1. Wifi adapter turned off - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter turned

2. the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...: So, for some reason, the Network Adapter isn't showing it doesn't show up in on Settings, Device Manager, Control Panel, everything, I just can't find it anywhere + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluetooth are gone when you click quick settings, it doesn't show any of...
  3. the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...: So, for some reason, the Network Adapter isn't showing it doesn't show up in on Settings, Device Manager, Control Panel, everything, I just can't find it anywhere + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluetooth are gone when you click quick settings, it doesn't show any of...
  4. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  5. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  6. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off: The WiFi adapter Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN on my Dell Latitude E6430 Windows 10 64-bit refuses to stay on. I click the Network icon in my taskbar, my Wi-Fi says "turned off," so I click the button to turn it on, and a few seconds later, it automatically turns off...
  8. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  9. Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?: Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor. Thus, every time...
  10. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594

Users found this page by searching for:

1. e6440 wifi turned off

2. my panda usb wireless adapter keeps turning off