Windows 10: Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself

Discus and support Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I am having an issue with my asus r510v and wifi adapter "realtek 8821AE Wireless 802.11ac PCI-E". Randomly when I navigate through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlfonsoPB, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AlfonsoPB Win User

Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself

Hi there,

I am having an issue with my asus r510v and wifi adapter "realtek 8821AE Wireless 802.11ac PCI-E".

Randomly when I navigate through the Internet or playing online games my connection falls, but the status icon in tool task says I am still conneced until I try to continue gaming or open another link. Then the icon in task bar changes to no internet and trying to reconnect only says the message "cannot connect to that network".

If I go to device manager it shows the adapter with a red exclamation and if I try to disable it to re-enable it after then it disapear like if there was nothing connected.

The only event registered in event log is that DNS are not responding.

Retarting the computer solves the issue for a while.

So please, if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

AlfonsoPB, Dec 30, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter uninstalls

2. Why does my wifi network adapter keep deleting itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi network adapter keep deleting itself?: I have been through 4 different laptops in the past three months. The first two were Dell two different models and second two were HP Victus 15. While there have been various problems across the different laptops, the consistent one is this: the wifi network adapter keeps...
  3. Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now: It's been a couple weeks I've been strugling with this, while im playing on my asus tuf A15 FX506II laptop the connection suddenly disconnect by itself. When i check device manager, my wifi network adapter which Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC was disabled by...
  4. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  5. games are uninstalling itself

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    games are uninstalling itself: this is the third time this week that the game has uninstalled and its not the game its something to do with microsoft ive had to reninstall 50gb 3 times and its not just getting boring plz have a fix for me...
  6. Wifi adapter uninstalls itself on startup (Win10 Home)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter uninstalls itself on startup (Win10 Home): My desktop has been having this weird problem lately where whenever I restart the PC I have to reinstall the drivers for my wifi adapter. Once I uninstall and reinstall the driver, I can connect to my internet using the menu on the right part of the taskbar, but once I...
  7. Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.: For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network connection for...
  8. RealTek uninstalled itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek uninstalled itself: Hi, my Realtek HD Audio uninstalled by itself and now I can't re-install it. I've tried many solutions like install the driver from my manufacturer website ( Gigabyte ) and even tried solutions offered by people online but nothing seems to work. Is there any chance you guys...
  9. wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates

wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates: Lenovo yoga had it for at least 5 years latest updates have hosed the network adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself-after-dec-2018/674d257b-e809-41f7-9e6e-e0fb011fe611
  10. W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties

W10 Reinstalls a WiFi Adapter that I uninstalled in Device Properties: I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron One 2330. I have installed an external Netgear 802.11ac Adapter. There is some conflict between the Dell adapter and the new adapter. I can go into device properties and uninstall the Dell Adapter from the system. It then no longer shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi driver uninstalls itself