Windows 10: WiFi adapter unplugs without warning

Discus and support WiFi adapter unplugs without warning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an ongoing problem I have with my WiFi adapter Cisco AM10#6. It is plugged in to one USB port on my motherboard, and about an hour or two from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NRE1119, Dec 21, 2019.

1. NRE1119 Win User

WiFi adapter unplugs without warning

This is an ongoing problem I have with my WiFi adapter Cisco AM10#6. It is plugged in to one USB port on my motherboard, and about an hour or two from when I turn on my PC it somehow turns off and then back on at unexpected intervals. Today I had an issue where the internet went down and the troubleshooter says to plug it in, even though I never had it unplugged. Unplugging it and re-plugging it in the same USB slot does not fix the problem and the only way to fix it is to put it in another USB port or restart the device.

All my drivers are up to date and I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off the device to save power" option. I'm not actually looking for a solution to this issue but rather an explanation as to how my adapter "unplugs" even though I do not unplug it. If there is a good explanation for this problem I can try several solutions to see if the problem occurs again.

:)

NRE1119, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. S_and_S Win User

Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. WiFi adapter unplugs without warning - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter unplugs

2. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  3. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  4. Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  5. USB mouse and wifi adapter need to unplug and plug to enable them work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse and wifi adapter need to unplug and plug to enable them work: I don't know why my usb mouse and wifi adapter normally don't work after the system's boot up, then I need to unplug them and plug them, then they both work. The keyboard works fine. So strange. CPU:E3-1230 v2 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi ver1.0 Windows 10...
  6. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  7. ac adapter warning message

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ac adapter warning message: ac adapter warning message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message/13768a95-b0de-4a82-936b-d97383dc2199
  8. WiFi Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter: So i have a laptop that only supports 2.4 gz wifi. If i get a wireless wifi adapter will i be able to use 5 gz? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter/72060fb5-b939-4709-84e3-8b5dcde397b2
  9. Windows update started without warning on hotel wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update started without warning on hotel wifi: Windows turned itself off while connected to hotel first wifi. When restarting, it went to black window after login. Ctrl-alt-del brought up the normal panel, but task manager would not appear when clicked (went bank up blank screen). After a couple of reboot attempts with...
  10. WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter: ... and plug it back in, to get internet working again. What happens usually is that I log in, and the internet is working, but not connected. I have it set to automatically reconnect to my WiFi, but it never does. I have to manually connect it. Then a few minutes later, I...