Windows 10: WiFi adapter working for a few minutes then no internet access

Discus and support WiFi adapter working for a few minutes then no internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WiFi on my desktop has been working perfectly for a few months but now since a couple days ago my WiFi keeps failing to connect after a few minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leon Cavanagh, Nov 5, 2018.

1. WiFi adapter working for a few minutes then no internet access

WiFi on my desktop has been working perfectly for a few months but now since a couple days ago my WiFi keeps failing to connect after a few minutes of being connected.

It isn't my WiFi modem as I made a wireless hotspot on my phone and it still disconnects.

I have looked everywhere on how to solve this issue and now I can sometimes get it to work all day until my PC shuts down then the error comes back next time my PC is on.

I am using a TP-LINK USB WiFi adaptor and can't use ethernet.

Thanks to anyone who can help

:)

Leon Cavanagh, Nov 5, 2018

2. Public Wifi connected, no internet access

Hi Sam,

As you are unable to access the public Wi-Fi on your laptop, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to connect to any other Wi-Fi connection from your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to network adapter driver issues and network services. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on
      Settings
      from the left pane.

• Click on Network & Internet.

• Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.

• Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.

• In the left pane, click on View all.

• Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing the public Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2018
  3. microsoft wifi network adapter missing in device manager, wifi signal is showing for few minutes only

hii everyone,

i have dell pc with windows10. actually it was running good. but yesterday my pc was again upgraded. wifi is not enable on desktop, when i search in device manager, total i saw 7 adapters and wifi adapter was showing yellow mark, then i upgrade it but it
    won't work. wifi signals are showing sometimes and it will disappear, when wifi signal was shown on desktop internet is coming for few minutes. when i troubleshoot network problem then only the wifi signal is appearing for minutes and after some time it wont
    show any wifi access points, how should i fix this problem to show wifi signal permanently in my pc? i have done all network troubleshooting and network adapter problems but it wont work... now in my pc 4 adapters are showing in device manager, how should
    i get all network adapters in my pc? how to install all network adapters without changing os?

please suggest me to fix my pc problem.

thank you!!!

anusha_reddy_s, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Miseria Win User

WiFi adapter working for a few minutes then no internet access

WiFi No Internet

Troubleshoot gives "Problem with wireless adapter or access point", but as I said it works fine with other devices and yesterday it was working on the PC as well.

The method of dell3521 doesn't work, I don't even have 802.11n in the list, but changing something similar didn't solve anything.

The no wifi available solution isn't what I'm looking for, I can see the router and connect to it, but there is simply no internet.

Network repair didn't help either, still "No Internet".

Starting to lose all hope here...

Miseria, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi adapter working for a few minutes then no internet access

1. WiFi adapter working for a few minutes then no internet access - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter working

2. Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...: I've been having this problem for a while now. Sometimes when im browsing the internet, my internet suddenly stops working, and I have to disconnect my wifi from the toggle function in the bottom right of the taskbar and reconnect it again for Wifi to start working again. But...
  3. Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...: I've been having this problem for a while now. Sometimes when im browsing the internet, my internet suddenly stops working, and I have to disconnect my wifi from the toggle function in the bottom right of the taskbar and reconnect it again for Wifi to start working again. But...
  4. Wifi says "No Internet" after a few seconds or minutes of using and only works again after...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  6. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  7. WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes

WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes: When I start my PC the WiFi Adapter connects to my wifi and has internet access, I start a ping to 8.8.8.8 and it looses internet connection after about 2 minutes. The adapter is still connected to my wifi, but simply has no internet access. So my solution now is, to...
  8. Wifi shows connected but no internet every few minutes

Wifi shows connected but no internet every few minutes: The error msg I see is dns_probe_no_internet after every few minutes. The networks works fine on other devices. When I disable the wifi manually and start it again the network works fine for another couple of minutes and then drops again....
  9. Wifi dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi dropping every few minutes: Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the...
  10. Need to or have to disable & enable WiFi Network Adapter every few minutes for the wifi to...

Need to or have to disable & enable WiFi Network Adapter every few minutes for the wifi to...: I am using Windows 10 Version 1909 on HP Laptop 15-ay009tx Since last 4 days i'm facing issues with my Wifi disconnecting frequently. It says it's connected to my home network "Federal" but after few minutes it shows "No Internet Secured". TheWiFi Rays icon changes to Globe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb wifi adapter working for a few minutes