Windows 10: wifi adapter

Discus and support wifi adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi adapter is disabled. This has happened several times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnneNelson1, Oct 9, 2018.

1. wifi adapter

My wifi adapter is disabled. This has happened several times.

:)

AnneNelson1, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 9, 2018
  4. wifi adapter

Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

wifi adapter

1. wifi adapter - Similar Threads - wifi adapter

2. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  3. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  4. Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again: ok so my laptop was lagging so I decided to do a reset, but after the reset the wifi completely disappeared, now I tried most of the ways such as troubleshooting and disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the update is not doable because...
  5. Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again

Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again: ok so my laptop was lagging so I decided to do a reset, but after the reset the wifi completely disappeared, now I tried most of the ways such as troubleshooting and disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the update is not doable because...
  6. WiFi Adapter Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Missing?: HelloI have a HP 15 Notebook running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.I closed my laptop last night and this morning when I opened it it say it encountered an error and needed to restart. Upon restarting, I now have no wifi and no wifi adapter. The only thing showing is the...
  7. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  8. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  9. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...: lenovo thinkpad,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows does not recognise wifi and says no wifi adapter installed ,please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-bios-says-it-is-connected-to-wifi/bf05b264-bda1-49e5-9ced-667f6f4d09b8