Windows 10: wifi adapter

Discus and support wifi adapter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i just plugged in my wifi adapter and put the disk in, i followed all the steps until it said to press the wsp button on my router and then hold the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cereal-KilIer, Sep 26, 2020.

1. wifi adapter

so i just plugged in my wifi adapter and put the disk in, i followed all the steps until it said to press the wsp button on my router and then hold the button on the adapter, i did this but it’s still not connecting, not a lot of knowledge on this, anyone know how to fix? thanks

submitted by /u/Cereal-KilIer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cereal-KilIer, Sep 26, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. S_and_S Win User
    Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Zontir Win User

wifi adapter

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

wifi adapter

1. wifi adapter - Similar Threads - wifi adapter

2. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  3. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  4. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...: lenovo thinkpad,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows does not recognise wifi and says no wifi adapter installed ,please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-bios-says-it-is-connected-to-wifi/bf05b264-bda1-49e5-9ced-667f6f4d09b8
  6. LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...

LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...: lenovo thinkpad,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows does not recognise wifi and says no wifi adapter installed ,please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-bios-says-it-is-connected-to-wifi/bf05b264-bda1-49e5-9ced-667f6f4d09b8
  7. LENOVO THINKPAD ,bios says it is connected to wifi but windows says no wifi adapter...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.: I am currently encountering an issue with the WiFi adapter on my Windows 11 Pro system, which was recently updated from Windows 10 Pro. Whenever my device is connected to a WiFi router or hotspot, and I either restart or turn off the router, Windows automatically disables the...
  9. WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.

WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.: I am currently encountering an issue with the WiFi adapter on my Windows 11 Pro system, which was recently updated from Windows 10 Pro. Whenever my device is connected to a WiFi router or hotspot, and I either restart or turn off the router, Windows automatically disables the...
  10. My wifi adapter driver keeps having issues please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter driver keeps having issues please help Windows 11: This problem has occurred multiple times already. Sometimes my wifi option in the quick settings will disappear, I have looked up many solutions to no avail. In device manager, it tells me that my wifi adapter isn't working and has reported problems. This has happened many...