Windows 10: WiFi adapters keep cutting out

Discus and support WiFi adapters keep cutting out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My WiFi has been cutting out a lot recently, but only on my PC, so I thought maybe the WiFi in it was just going out, but then I tried using a USB WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnalogCyan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. WiFi adapters keep cutting out

My WiFi has been cutting out a lot recently, but only on my PC, so I thought maybe the WiFi in it was just going out, but then I tried using a USB WiFi dongle to remedy this, and that too cuts out at random. Wired connections still work fine, it's only when I try using WiFi that it cuts out at random. I've tried all of Microsoft's troubleshooting tips already to no avail, anyone got any ideas?

submitted by /u/AnalogCyan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnalogCyan, Jan 2, 2020

2. Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 2, 2020
  3. asp1174BD Win User
    Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 760 off lease (refurb) to replace my dinosaur E520. I went through and installed all of the Win 7 updates before upgrading to 10. Upgraded with no issues, the adapter was working smoothly, no issues. Then, after the
    PC goes into sleep mode for a while (>10 minutes) the WiFi is surprisingly off and the adapter can no longer be found, as if going to sleep cut power to that specific USB port ( on the back). The drivers are up to date through Windows Automatic, but I'm not
    sure if there's a solution for this?

Any suggestions?

asp1174BD, Jan 2, 2020
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

WiFi adapters keep cutting out

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

WiFi adapters keep cutting out

1. WiFi adapters keep cutting out - Similar Threads - WiFi adapters keep

2. Computer wifi keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wifi keeps cutting in and out: My wifi i working just fine on my phone and ipad but on my computer it keeps saying its not working or isnt even there despite my wifi working just fine. Im not sure if its a computer problem or what but some help would be much appreciated...
  3. Computer wifi keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wifi keeps cutting in and out: My wifi i working just fine on my phone and ipad but on my computer it keeps saying its not working or isnt even there despite my wifi working just fine. Im not sure if its a computer problem or what but some help would be much appreciated...
  4. My wifi keeps cutting out

My wifi keeps cutting out: My wifi on my computer keeps cutting in and out, with it being out most of the time. It's fine on any other device. I don't have a WiFi card slot and am instead using a USB adapter with the drivers downloaded...
  5. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  6. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  7. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

8. wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi keeps cutting out: Whenever I'm not doing anything network intensive my wifi cuts out, when the wifi cuts out I have to reset the network adapter to get it working again. I have disabled "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", but unfortunately that doesn't fix it; this...
  9. Wifi adapter cutting out at random times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter cutting out at random times?: So for the past couple of days my wifi adapter that I use for my pc has been cutting out more and more frequently and Im unsure why. Sometimes it takes a few mins to a few hours after a restart to cut out but for some reason whenever I restart my pc again the stick is back up...
  10. My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!: First, I was running Windows 7. I am on a computer so, I decided to buy a network adapter. It worked really great but when I installed windows 10 about 20 days ago my WIFI just kept cutting out (disconnecting) after 5-10 Minutes. It's really irritating and I can't get any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter cutting out