Windows 10: WIFI adapters not showing after windows update

Discus and support WIFI adapters not showing after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my wifi option was not displaying so restored the system due to which the problem was solved then I updated the version to 1909 from 1809 and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vikrantkulkarni1, Jun 27, 2020.

1. WIFI adapters not showing after windows update

my wifi option was not displaying so restored the system due to which the problem was solved then I updated the version to 1909 from 1809 and the problem again occured now it cant be restored again as the windows is updated recently.

:)

vikrantkulkarni1, Jun 27, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. WiFi not turning on and not showing any WiFi connections available.

Hi Sampath,

I suggest that you access the Device Manager and update the Drivers for Network adapter and check. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device manager
    • Select and Expand Network Adapter from the list
    • Right click and choose "Update drivers"

Let us know if this helps.

Vinod Archak, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

WIFI adapters not showing after windows update

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

WIFI adapters not showing after windows update

1. WIFI adapters not showing after windows update - Similar Threads - WIFI adapters showing

2. WiFi button and WiFi Adapter dissapear after update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi button and WiFi Adapter dissapear after update Windows 11: I want to ask about the same problem after I updated Windows 11 last night 16/03/2023 with update details "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706". Then my WiFi button disappeared, then I checked via Device Manager, my WiFi...
  3. WiFi button and WiFi Adapter dissapear after update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi button and WiFi Adapter dissapear after update Windows 11: I want to ask about the same problem after I updated Windows 11 last night 16/03/2023 with update details "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706". Then my WiFi button disappeared, then I checked via Device Manager, my WiFi...
  4. WIFI adapter missing after MS updates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIFI adapter missing after MS updates.: All,Every time you send an update to my system, it knocks my WIFI adapter out for 3-5 days. Then it will start back up. I need this to stop and now I need my WIFI adapter to be fixed.Michael Harfert...
  5. Bluetooth and Wifi adapters not showing up in device manager after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth and Wifi adapters not showing up in device manager after latest windows update: Hello Windows team, Issue: After latest windows update I think 2H1 or something, my bluetooth has stopped working, unable to see icon even in hidden devices. Unable to use wifi. Motherboard: Asus X570E Gaming motherboardOS: Windows 10 64 Bit - 10.0.19043 Build...
  6. Wifi adapter not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi adapter not showing: Hi My wifi connections are no longer showing. Every time I start my laptop, all I get is the airplane mode option. I have looked at previous discussions on the topic, but none of the suggestions are working for me. I have an HP laptop running on Windows 10, version 2004 with...
  7. Wifi Adapter Not Detected after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Adapter Not Detected after Windows Update: So, my laptop was working fine last night. I was casually browsing the web and everything was fine. I shut my laptop down before going to sleep. When I woke up, I booted my laptop and both sound and wifi were missing! I thought it might've been the boot process screwing up,...
  8. Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter shows no RTL818x: im using a Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC and before i had this issue i was trying to solve a previous issue where the adapter would disconnect itself for no reason, i installed the latest drivers but that didnt work so i uninstalled the device and restarted my...
  9. Atheros QCA9377 WIFI Adapter not showing after update of win 10 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Atheros QCA9377 WIFI Adapter not showing after update of win 10 1803: After updating to win 10 version 1803, my wifi adapter is missing from the settings menu and it is absent from everywhere. I tried installing latest driver from the lenovo site but still nothing happen i resetted my pc twice , still nothing happened. My laptop model is...
  10. Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update: Hello I have a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC. Recently I did the Windows `10 1803 update and after that my wifi adapter has stopped working. I have done the reset of my PC and still it is not working. I contacted the customer support also , they were not able to roll back...