Windows 10: WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues

Discus and support WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello this morning my pc was running slow when playing aaa games so i restarted my pc and my pc ran into a error code- whea- uncorrectable error and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by connerwells, Mar 18, 2020.

1. WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues

Hello this morning my pc was running slow when playing aaa games so i restarted my pc and my pc ran into a error code- whea- uncorrectable error and i noticed that my wifi stopped working in fact it disapeared i check device manager and it said device cant start code 10 and under it it said device does not exist. When i used hp support assistant to fix the issue it said something about device corruption so i uninstalled the driver restarted pc and i got a blue screen saying whea- uncorrectable error so what i did after that was attempted to do that 5 times and the same messages poped up insted the 6th time i clicked uninstall the driver software for this device and i downloaded a new one from realtecs website not a random one and it told me to retstart my pc after that i got gray screened for 5 minutes then it booted back up and guess what! Did not work driver still pops up in device manager i tried doing scr /scannow in cmd and it said it fixed corrupted files but the wifi still did not work . I tried factory resetting my pc and it kept telling me no changes where made due to corruption

:)

connerwells, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Mar 18, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Arun B J Win User

WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues

Wifi adapter not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Method 2 : If the issue persist I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the drivers and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues

1. WiFi adapters stopped working and other issues - Similar Threads - WiFi adapters stopped

2. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  3. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  4. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  5. Wifi adapter stopped working

Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  6. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi adapter keeps on disconnecting and will stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter keeps on disconnecting and will stop working: For the past year or so I was always having a problem with my wifi always not working and changed to an ethernet cable which fixed my problem, well recently I decided to go back to wifi and bought myself an adapter Linksys Wusb6100M to be specific it works fine while it is...
  8. Wifi adapter keeps on disconnecting and will stop working

Wifi adapter keeps on disconnecting and will stop working: For the past year or so I was always having a problem with my wifi always not working and changed to an ethernet cable which fixed my problem, well recently I decided to go back to wifi and bought myself an adapter Linksys Wusb6100M to be specific it works fine while it is...
  9. My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working: I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been acting up. Sometimes it last 3 to 4 days before it quits working.1. Sometimes this is what I do to get it to work. Device...
  10. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...