Windows 10: Wifi adaptor got removed

Discus and support Wifi adaptor got removed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to set up the ethernet and troubleshooted. But after restaring, the wifi icon stopped showing and the status of the wifi adaptor showed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thatlowkey, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Wifi adaptor got removed

I was trying to set up the ethernet and troubleshooted. But after restaring, the wifi icon stopped showing and the status of the wifi adaptor showed the status as 'Not present' in settings. Please look into this.

:)

thatlowkey, Oct 17, 2020

2. Cannot install Windows 10 due to wifi adaptor

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for posting your response.

As you have stated that your computer is stuck in the splash screen after the first boot, I would suggest that you power down your computer and then restart the system and check. To do so follow the steps below.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

if you roll back to the previous Window, you can also try to install the latest drivers for your wifi adaptor and check if it helps you proceed with the installation. The above issue that you are facing is due to the wifi adaptor, and I recommend that
    you contact the manufacturer of the device that is Broadcom to check for compatibility.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Cannot install Windows 10 due to wifi adaptor

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you get any error message or code when the installation failed?
    • How did you come over the conclusion that you wifi was the once causing the above issue?

As per the information that you have provided, it seems that you Wifi Adaptor is causing a problem while installing the new Windows 10.

As you are connected to the internet via Wifi, I would suggest that you remove the connectivity via this device and connect to the internet directly via your Ethernet cable and check if you are able to install Windows 10.

On the occasion that you are able to install the new OS, you can update to the latest driver for your Wifi adaptor so that it will work with Windows 10.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 17, 2020
  4. pob786 Win User

Wifi adaptor got removed

Wifi adaptor problem

Hi, My wifi adaptor suddenly stopped working, but I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable.
    Replaced wifi adaptor but still cannot to internet with same.............any ideas?
    Regards,
    John P.

pob786, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adaptor got removed

1. Wifi adaptor got removed - Similar Threads - Wifi adaptor got

2. Wifi adaptor problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adaptor problems: I have recently started using the Realtek RTL8192EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter and I have installed the drivers for it 1030.40.128.2019. how ever, whenever I try to connect to a network via WIFI it says "can't connect to this network" but, for some reason,...
  3. Wifi Adaptor

Wifi Adaptor: I have a windows 10 laptop HP that when i plug a USB programming cable in the WIFI adaptor disables. The cable connects to a radio which has an IP address but i have used it fine before with WIFI. Now its treating the cable like its a ethernet cable. Thanks Mike...
  4. Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10

Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10: Hey, I have a problem with my System i.e. I can not connect my system with any wifi or router wirelessly. My System model is DELL Inspiron 3442 [ATTACH] This is my PC having Windows 10 64-bit. Please help me by giving an adapter for connecting my router to my PC. Already...
  5. wifi adaptor properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi adaptor properties: how do I change the properties on my qualcom Atheros AR946x to the AdHoc 802.11n so i can use the 5g band on my router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adaptor-properties/4581968d-06fc-4820-b57f-19d251a25c84
  6. Wifi adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adaptor issue: My WiFi adaptor is always wanting to eject. I do so, take it out and plug it back in and immediately it says ready to eject. The drivers are up to date and I don't know what to do...
  7. wifi adaptor

wifi adaptor: i just bought my laptop, sometimes the internet error when it's pluged in, what happen?, is it my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-adaptor/c7aeccaa-47bb-4235-8c69-d6c1ac9f915d
  8. USB WiFi adaptor

USB WiFi adaptor: I need to move my windows 10 desktop away from the router and need to use an USB WiFi adaptor to connect to the internet. I have an older Belkin F5D8053 but It wont download the drivers. Win10 recognises it but cant set it up. The latest Drivers on the Belkin Web Site are the...
  9. wifi adaptors wont work.

wifi adaptors wont work.: hi. i have 2 wireless adaptor and no one work on windows 10. i used a wired connection and its work fine but wlan dont work. in device manager system has installed and recognized the adaptor but in adaptor setting in network sharing there is no connection for wireless. any...
  10. Wifi adaptor problem

Wifi adaptor problem: Hi, My wifi adaptor suddenly stopped working, but I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable. Replaced wifi adaptor but still cannot to internet with same.............any ideas? Regards, John P. 58307