Windows 10: wifi adaptor properties

Discus and support wifi adaptor properties in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I change the properties on my qualcom Atheros AR946x to the AdHoc 802.11n so i can use the 5g band on my router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patricknosack, Aug 20, 2019.

1. wifi adaptor properties

how do I change the properties on my qualcom Atheros AR946x to the AdHoc 802.11n so i can use the 5g band on my router

:)

patricknosack, Aug 20, 2019

2. Cannot install Windows 10 due to wifi adaptor

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for posting your response.

As you have stated that your computer is stuck in the splash screen after the first boot, I would suggest that you power down your computer and then restart the system and check. To do so follow the steps below.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

if you roll back to the previous Window, you can also try to install the latest drivers for your wifi adaptor and check if it helps you proceed with the installation. The above issue that you are facing is due to the wifi adaptor, and I recommend that
    you contact the manufacturer of the device that is Broadcom to check for compatibility.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 20, 2019
  3. pob786 Win User
    Wifi adaptor problem

Hi, My wifi adaptor suddenly stopped working, but I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable.
    Replaced wifi adaptor but still cannot to internet with same.............any ideas?
    Regards,
    John P.

pob786, Aug 20, 2019
  4. wifi adaptor properties

wifi adaptor netgear wna1000m -n150-usb micro adaptor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What exactly happens if you connect "wifi adaptor netgear wna1000m -n150-usb micro adaptor" ?

I suggest you to open device manager and check if he sees any yellow exclamation
    when the device is connected.

You can update drivers and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device manger.
    • Expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon
      and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    if issue persist, You may go ahead and uninstall the drivers for NetGear wireless adaptor from device manager, and reinstall the drivers.

1. Click start, type device manager in search box.

2. Go to device manager.

3. Click on network adaptor, right click on netgear wireless adaptor, and uninstall.

Please go to the manufacturers website, and download the latest drivers. If no drivers for win 10 install the available drivers in compatibility mode.

1.Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down.

3.Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

wifi adaptor properties

1. wifi adaptor properties - Similar Threads - wifi adaptor properties

2. Wifi adaptor problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adaptor problems: I have recently started using the Realtek RTL8192EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter and I have installed the drivers for it 1030.40.128.2019. how ever, whenever I try to connect to a network via WIFI it says "can't connect to this network" but, for some reason,...
  3. Wifi Adaptor

Wifi Adaptor: I have a windows 10 laptop HP that when i plug a USB programming cable in the WIFI adaptor disables. The cable connects to a radio which has an IP address but i have used it fine before with WIFI. Now its treating the cable like its a ethernet cable. Thanks Mike...
  4. Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10

Network Adaptor, Wifi Adaptor for Window 10: Hey, I have a problem with my System i.e. I can not connect my system with any wifi or router wirelessly. My System model is DELL Inspiron 3442 [ATTACH] This is my PC having Windows 10 64-bit. Please help me by giving an adapter for connecting my router to my PC. Already...
  5. cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor

cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor: I cannot see the 802.11 section when on my properties for my LAN network adaptor i have updated drivers and still nothing, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-80211-on-properties-for-network-adaptor/e8c2bca0-6731-4500-a965-af8bf94d23d4
  6. Wifi adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adaptor issue: My WiFi adaptor is always wanting to eject. I do so, take it out and plug it back in and immediately it says ready to eject. The drivers are up to date and I don't know what to do...
  7. wifi adaptor

wifi adaptor: i just bought my laptop, sometimes the internet error when it's pluged in, what happen?, is it my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-adaptor/c7aeccaa-47bb-4235-8c69-d6c1ac9f915d
  8. USB WiFi adaptor

USB WiFi adaptor: I need to move my windows 10 desktop away from the router and need to use an USB WiFi adaptor to connect to the internet. I have an older Belkin F5D8053 but It wont download the drivers. Win10 recognises it but cant set it up. The latest Drivers on the Belkin Web Site are the...
  9. wifi adaptors wont work.

wifi adaptors wont work.: hi. i have 2 wireless adaptor and no one work on windows 10. i used a wired connection and its work fine but wlan dont work. in device manager system has installed and recognized the adaptor but in adaptor setting in network sharing there is no connection for wireless. any...
  10. Wifi adaptor problem

Wifi adaptor problem: Hi, My wifi adaptor suddenly stopped working, but I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable. Replaced wifi adaptor but still cannot to internet with same.............any ideas? Regards, John P. 58307