Windows 10: Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does.

Discus and support Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been off this (my work) machine for a few months so I can't remember if I was using it on Wifi. I'm certain the wifi once workedas did thye BT.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalypsoArt, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does.

I've been off this (my work) machine for a few months so I can't remember if I was using it on Wifi. I'm certain the wifi once workedas did thye BT. However, most of the time I had hardwired ethernet. Yesterday I fired up the machine and WiFi and BT are problematic. What I've done so far:

I've updated Win10.
    Run Win10's troubleshooter.
    I've downloaded and un/installed drivers from Asus and from Realtek. No go.
    I've tried several of the online procedures.
    Running "control netconnections" shows BT and WIFI broken.

All have failed.

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. [​IMG]

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. [​IMG]

I've read several items that say Win10 updates can break wifi.

At any rate, after doing what I know, I hoping someone here could help me. I may be starting a new job in the next few days and must get wifi up.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name FRAGBOX-2-DSKTP
    System Manufacturer Custom Build
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3803, 1/22/2018
    SMBIOS Version 3.1
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B350-I GAMING
    BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Off
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.529"
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 11.5 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 11.3 GB
    Page File Space 2.38 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

CalypsoArt, Jun 13, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does.

Bluetooth Adapter and Wifi Not working

I went through the processes you have listed above and I still have the same issues No Bluetooth and no WiFI. Are there any other suggestions I may try to see if I can get these working again?

Kind regards,

Scott

ScottHiscock, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does.

1. Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does. - Similar Threads - Wifi Bluetooth adapters

2. Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze: So I have a brand new computer 1 week I just built with an asus rog z790 maximus hero running Windows 11. I started noticing that the internet will just go out occasionally and I can not get back without a reboot, I have it wired to my 2.5g switch which is working fine as...
  3. Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze: So I have a brand new computer 1 week I just built with an asus rog z790 maximus hero running Windows 11. I started noticing that the internet will just go out occasionally and I can not get back without a reboot, I have it wired to my 2.5g switch which is working fine as...
  4. Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?: Hi there, firstly I apologise if this space is not for asking questions. I've been tirelessly and frustratingly been trying to fix this problem for the past month but the problem persists unfortunately. I have a small business with 3 computers on the premises all connected to...
  5. Wifi+Bluetooth adapter will only work as a Bluetooth adapter after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi+Bluetooth adapter will only work as a Bluetooth adapter after Windows 10 update.: The adapter was working fine before the update but after the update it didn't show any wifi networks. The device appears as Bluetooth adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifibluetooth-adapter-will-only-work-as-a/9fc504d9-7144-478c-99a6-326a401baab2
  6. My usb wifi adapter does not work

My usb wifi adapter does not work: I buy an wifi antenna called 802.11n usb lan card but after some time it dont see any network what i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-wifi-adapter-does-not-work/2d74b876-bbbe-4330-9a20-859648751d40
  7. Bluetooth Adapter and Wifi Not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Adapter and Wifi Not working: Before you suggest reloading drivers and running trouble shooting I have tried them all. I've downloaded fresh drivers nothing works. My Wifi doesn't even show up in device manager and my Bluetooth keeps shutting off and on with error code 43 since the latest windows update...
  8. USB ethernet adapter does not work

USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  9. USB ethernet adapter does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  10. Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?: Hello, sorry it's not strictly related to Win 10 but this forum Always solve my issues so... please help. I am looking for an adapter that allows a device that is only ethernet to connect to a wifi router. This look easy but I totally misunderstand why I find only...