Windows 10: WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode

Discus and support WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having a huge issue with my new HP Pavilion laptop that I purchased a couple of weeks ago whereby whenever the device goes into sleep mode, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MikeeyyP, May 17, 2020.

1. MikeeyyP Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode

I am having a huge issue with my new HP Pavilion laptop that I purchased a couple of weeks ago whereby whenever the device goes into sleep mode, my WiFi and Bluetooth adaptors turn off and do not come back on again.

I have ensured all my drivers are up to date and have disabled the power management function that switches the adaptors off to save power. In addition, once I bring my laptop out of sleep mode, my WiFi adaptor appears to be on but will not find any available networks I normally have two available in my home constantly.

My windows version is currently Windows 10 Home version 1903.

I've scoured the internet to try and find possible solutions but I'm running into all the same recommendations that just do not seem to work! Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this? I'm happy to try any suggestion prior to just going for a complete factory reset.

If you need any further information about my hardware/software, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

:)

MikeeyyP, May 17, 2020
  2. Amjath_K Win User

My WiFi is getting disconnected when my PC goes into sleep mode

Hello All,

My WiFi is disconnected whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode. It's really irritating since my VPN connection, browser logins gets interrupted unnecessarily. I followed this solution - https://www.screencast.com/t/emcht91H which was posted as an answer
    to a last year's thread on this forum, but it didn't work. Could you please help?

I believe these are some of the basic requirements of a computer and that users should be able to enable/disable certain things in sleep mode. Or it's just me who's missing the settings.

Thanks for your help!

-Amjath

Amjath_K, May 17, 2020
  3. Not Happy Win User
    Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi

Having upgraded form 8.1 to Windows 10 I now find that streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi. It does this every time within a few minuets. (Bluetooth and Adapter drivers are up to date.) I have changed the virgin super hub from channel 1 to 12 but problem remains)
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Jake

Not Happy, May 17, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Thema:

1. WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode - Similar Threads - WiFi Bluetooth keep

2. Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .: Hi,My one month old laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode.What should i do now?HP VICTUS 5800H, RTX3050WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-restarting-after-it-goes-into-sleep/38f41c07-533e-4199-bc2b-4529a9d2560d
  3. Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode .: Hi,My one month old laptop keeps restarting after it goes into sleep mode.What should i do now?HP VICTUS 5800H, RTX3050WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-restarting-after-it-goes-into-sleep/38f41c07-533e-4199-bc2b-4529a9d2560d
  4. my Wi-Fi gets disconnected whenever I close my laptop lid, that is, it goes to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Wi-Fi gets disconnected whenever I close my laptop lid, that is, it goes to sleep mode.: Whenever I open my laptop lid, it always shows that its not connected to the internet for the first few seconds, after which it connects automatically to my wifi. I am running windows 11 and have enabled all 6 options for best power efficiency. I tried troubleshooting but it...
  5. my Wi-Fi gets disconnected whenever I close my laptop lid, that is, it goes to sleep mode.

my Wi-Fi gets disconnected whenever I close my laptop lid, that is, it goes to sleep mode.: Whenever I open my laptop lid, it always shows that its not connected to the internet for the first few seconds, after which it connects automatically to my wifi. I am running windows 11 and have enabled all 6 options for best power efficiency. I tried troubleshooting but it...
  6. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  7. Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.: Hi!My Bluetooth is disconnecting every time my computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it back it to restarts the actual computer and when booting up the Bluetooth disconnects again. Does anyone know why this is happening? Cheers, Arthur...
  8. wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode: I recently bought 14-dv0054TU HP laptop with ms windows 10 home and its wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode. I could not find any setting to make it configure to enable always. Is there any?...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.: I've already read a lot of responses but my problem is I dont have a power manager tab to control the driver. I attached a picture of what I see. If someone could tell me which icon to click on or if I am just doing something wrong that would be great! I am using a Surface...
  10. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep: I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and running the power troubleshooter, are attempts to fix a Windows issue. Others are workarounds, like not...