Windows 10: WiFi and Direct Access

Discus and support WiFi and Direct Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my organization uses DirectAccess to block websites, apps etc. The only problem is that it half the time takes 15 minutes to connect, or says No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harry Allen, Jan 7, 2019.

1. WiFi and Direct Access

So my organization uses DirectAccess to block websites, apps etc. The only problem is that it half the time takes 15 minutes to connect, or says No Internet. Please help. (It fixes with a restart or hard reboot but i don't like to do that.)

Thanks

:)

Harry Allen, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Elbuort Win User

Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Hi, really hoping we can find an answer to your question...

In my case, I too have enabled a hosted network using the netsh commands, but my android devices are unable to connect to it...always giving an "authentication error"...the password entered is definitely correct however. I have successfully used Connectify on the computer and connected my devices to it, BUT I am looking for a native solution because this desktop I am using is quite a dinosaur and the Connectify services and interface severely tax my system resources.

The reason I am zeroing in on Wifi Direct functions like you are is because Connectify includes an option for "Prefer Wifi Direct" for connections....enabling THAT option is the only way for my devices to use my Connectify hotspot. Again though, I would like to stop relying on Connectify and instead enable this functionality via the Command Line

Actually Kofoed, I suggest you try Connectify, it may just be the answer you are looking for, but for me, I'm hoping for guidance on controlling/enabling Wifi Direct via netsh commands and the like, in conjunction with the hosted network functionality.

Thanks

Elbuort, Jan 7, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Maban Win User

WiFi and Direct Access

WiFi Direct on a airplane?

I don't want WiFi; I want WiFi Direct so I can use my Shield Controller with my Shield Tablet. The flights I'm going on don't even offer WiFi.

Maban, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

WiFi and Direct Access

1. WiFi and Direct Access - Similar Threads - WiFi Direct Access

2. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  3. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  4. Wifi direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi direct: I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps...
  5. Direct access

Direct access: Hvordan får jeg direct access til å virke på win10 pro, har problemer å få kontakt med Chromecast og når jeg feilsøker får jeg til svar at Direct accsess ikke er aktivert https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-access/430fe9da-8afa-46fe-a0e2-2334b1ec90a3
  6. Problem with Wifi Direct -...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Wifi Direct -...: Im doing the miracast using wifi direct method - to cast my mobile phone to my windows 10 pc - both devices claim they have "wifi direct" . Im following this example - https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/what-is-wifi-direct-in-windows-10-and-how-to-use-it/ -its connecting...
  7. Wifi Direct

Wifi Direct: I want to use wifi direct to move images from a Sony A6000 camera to my PC running W10. Is this possible or can it only be done on mobile devices? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/8ae5cda8-26c0-4459-9e62-a23dec3f0769
  8. wifi direct

wifi direct: how do i activate wifi direct on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/a6cf58fd-93a3-4c61-8996-8225dac29a84
  9. direct access

in Windows 10 Customization
    direct access: Does direct access work on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB? I know it does for enterprise 2015 but cant find anything on 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/direct-access/cb6d2868-1275-4499-90f6-83144f843b3c
  10. direct access

direct access: Does direct access work on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB? I know it does for enterprise 2016 but cant find anything on 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/direct-access/cb6d2868-1275-4499-90f6-83144f843b3c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Go to settings and devices in connect

2. wi-fi direct devices

3. how to setup connect:direct

4. what is windows direct connect