Windows 10: WiFi and Ethernet not available

Discus and support WiFi and Ethernet not available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a MSI GS66 laptop. It had the Killer Control Centre app preinstalled in it. I removed it and restarted the laptop. After that, the wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnishAgashe, Oct 29, 2020.

1. WiFi and Ethernet not available

Hello,

I have a MSI GS66 laptop. It had the Killer Control Centre app preinstalled in it. I removed it and restarted the laptop. After that, the wifi and ethernet options in the network settings are gone. I cannot connect to the internet. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

AnishAgashe, Oct 29, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Oct 29, 2020
  4. M_oxis Win User

WiFi and Ethernet not available

No WiFi or Ethernet available

For more than a week now, my computer hasn't been able to detect any Wifi networks or Ethernet connection. When I open settings or look for available networks, none show up. This happened suddenly so I think it might be a driver issue. I tried updating the
    device drivers for my network adapters, even manually downloading drivers from the web, but nothing changes. I also booted in safe mode and the problem persists.

A weird thing is: sometimes when I start up my pc and while my account is automatically loading, I do see a list of available networks on the right. But that goes away as soon as the pc loads completely. Not sure what that means.

Network adapters:

- Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Not sure what other specs i need to include in this, sorry. Let me know.

M_oxis, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

WiFi and Ethernet not available

1. WiFi and Ethernet not available - Similar Threads - WiFi Ethernet available

2. No ethernet or wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet or wifi: Trying to install windows 11 pro on a new build, it has a Z790 AORUS ELITE X WIFI7 motherboard. Windows cannot see the ethernet or the wifi. I think I have installed the corrct drivers but still no luck....
  3. No ethernet or wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet or wifi: Trying to install windows 11 pro on a new build, it has a Z790 AORUS ELITE X WIFI7 motherboard. Windows cannot see the ethernet or the wifi. I think I have installed the corrct drivers but still no luck....
  4. Ethernet Options Not Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Options Not Available: I have plugged in my ethernet cable into my PC and into the router. The ethernet option does not appear in the Network & Internet settings, can you please assist....
  5. Ethernet Options Not Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Options Not Available: I have plugged in my ethernet cable into my PC and into the router. The ethernet option does not appear in the Network & Internet settings, can you please assist....
  6. Ethernet Options Not Available

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wifi and Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Ethernet: How do I remove this ethernet icon from the wifi section? It is really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-and-ethernet/b908fe79-6dc9-45a0-89eb-d65238dc5219
  8. Wifi and Ethernet is not available, Firewall wont work either

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi and Ethernet is not available, Firewall wont work either: Hello, can someone help me? Wifi and ethernet suddenly disappeared. File explorer is very slow to open. Firewall can't be turned on, for some reason my windows firewall is unavailable but everything else works fine except for the said issues. I've tried system restore but no...
  9. Ethernet and WiFi

Ethernet and WiFi: Having a new Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore I can connect Ethernet and WiFi simultaneously but I have to reconnect WiFi after I reboot How can I have them both connect when rebooting so I don't have to "remember" to reconnect : I do not want to bridge networks...
  10. wifi and ethernet

wifi and ethernet: my internet wifi router has builtin lan ports if i connect to it using both wifi and Ethernet cable will my download speed double another hypothetical question what if i has two wfi connections to internet and i connect to it using laptop builtin wife to one wifi network...