Windows 10: Wifi and ethernet not detected

Discus and support Wifi and ethernet not detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hslitofax, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hslitofax Win User

Wifi and ethernet not detected

Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x on it. On all my other devices the wifi works. I searched everywhere but no one seems to have the same problem as me. I tried to clear the cmos but it didn’t work. The wifi adapter for my motherboard doesn’t show up in device manager. Even the ethernet doesn’t work. And my pc is now in french. Please someone help.

:)

Hslitofax, Nov 22, 2020
  2. batsko Win User

Ethernet plugged in, not working, troubleshooter detected no hardware

Hello, I am having trouble getting my internet connection to work with an ethernet cord. I have no problem using wifi, but i get disconnected on wifi pretty frequently. I have two ethernet cords in my possession, one of them is new, and neither works. I've tried connecting to the router and the modem.
    I've used used troubleshooter with both wires while plugged into the router and the modem. I've created a connection that has our given username and our password in it.
    I turn off the wifi specifically by clicking on the wifi icon on the bottom right of my computer screen. It seems that the ethernet cord is not detected.

Does anyone have any possible next steps for when troubleshooters don't work?

batsko, Nov 22, 2020
  3. laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

My laptop has been running windows 10 very well for the past month. About 2 weeks ago my computer stop detecting wifi devices. just last week my computer has decided to stop detecting ethernet at random times. sometimes it lasts for 15 min. sometimes it lasts for hours. I do sometimes have internet for 15 min after startup but then it just loses conection. i have tried updating my wifi drivers but it says they are up to date. PLEASE HELP.

stevenespo, Nov 22, 2020
  4. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi and ethernet not detected - Similar Threads - Wifi ethernet detected

2. No ethernet or wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet or wifi: Trying to install windows 11 pro on a new build, it has a Z790 AORUS ELITE X WIFI7 motherboard. Windows cannot see the ethernet or the wifi. I think I have installed the corrct drivers but still no luck....
  3. ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet not detected: i can find bluetooth and wifi under control panel but i doesnt find my ethernet port what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-detected/f8a400e7-20e3-4f3e-a278-876e7853d81f
  4. ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet not detected: i can find bluetooth and wifi under control panel but i doesnt find my ethernet port what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-detected/f8a400e7-20e3-4f3e-a278-876e7853d81f
  5. Ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not detected: Ethernet is not detected after installing drivers for a 1660 super, I’ve tried every trick in the book. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Freetoez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w5eq8e/ethernet_not_detected/
  6. Wifi and Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Ethernet: How do I remove this ethernet icon from the wifi section? It is really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-and-ethernet/b908fe79-6dc9-45a0-89eb-d65238dc5219
  7. wifi and ethernet

wifi and ethernet: my internet wifi router has builtin lan ports if i connect to it using both wifi and Ethernet cable will my download speed double another hypothetical question what if i has two wfi connections to internet and i connect to it using laptop builtin wife to one wifi network...
  8. Network printer detected over ethernet but not detected over wifi

Network printer detected over ethernet but not detected over wifi: Hello, I have the problem described on the title. Whenever i am connected with a cable to my network i find the network printer, but the printer does not show up when i am on WiFi. I have tested this for both my home and work network with different printers and it still...
  9. Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70

Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70: So i was given a laptop to repair, a Lenovo Z50-70 to be precise. So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working (Error 45 in device manager (seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop)). later, it "died" temporarily (as in,...
  10. laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times: My laptop has been running windows 10 very well for the past month. About 2 weeks ago my computer stop detecting wifi devices. just last week my computer has decided to stop detecting ethernet at random times. sometimes it lasts for 15 min. sometimes it lasts for hours. I do...