Windows 10: Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Instale una actualizacion, la he cargado y reiniciado, pero cuando intenté conectarme a Internet apareció un mensaje de error; Miré en el panel de... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Majorpgayne, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home

Instale una actualizacion, la he cargado y reiniciado, pero cuando intenté conectarme a Internet apareció un mensaje de error; Miré en el panel de control y noté con gran sorpresa que tanto el wifi como la conexión Ethernet no están activos. Los iconos tienen una x roja en la parte inferior y no se pueden habilitar.
    Intenté actualizar los controladores de la tarjeta wifi y el controlador Ethernet sin resultados, verifiqué que no estaba activado el modo avión, desinstalé y reinstalé los controladores pero no hay nada que hacer.

:)

Majorpgayne, Apr 5, 2019

2. Ethernet problems on new motherboard.

Would suggest this route ,,,,

1. Prepare for Windows installation with USB tool or use available media
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

2. Connect boot drive data cable to lowest numbered SATA port .... but don't connect:
    -Ethernet cable
    -SATA Data Cable for any other drives

3. Install Windows to boot drive

4. Turn off Windows ability to install Hardware drivers
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...iver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

5. Install all hardware drivers from original media in boxes. See Item 7 below. Do NOT install WiFi drivers **.

6. Connect ethernet cable and run Windows Update till it stops doing anything

7. Install latest drivers for ALL hardware from manufacturers web sites. The reason we didn't do this in step 5 is 3 fold:
    -Sometimes MoBo CD comes with licensed utilities with product key embedded and these are not on web site versions
    -Its advisable to establish a working out of box conditions
    -Sometimes newer drivers require latest Windows Updates

If you have a 2nd drive ....

8. Shut down and connect HD data cable to 2nd lowest numbered SATA port.

9. Boot to BIOS and make sure that SSD is the 1st boot device, if not fix it

10. Boot to Windows

According to Asus Tech Support, their MoBos are not designed to have both ethernet and WiFi drivers installed concurrently. Ran into this in my own box when built on workbench had used WiFi to get all new drivers. Moved box into office, ethernet would not work. Fiddled and tweaked for 2 days, called TS and they said "no can do... pick one". I didn't believe them, but been there done that w/ Asus before. Wasn't going to get an TS from them and given one or the other, obviously would rather have ethernet. Uninstalled WiFi driver and all was right w/ the world.

Might not be your issue, but worth giving it a try,

John Naylor, Apr 5, 2019
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home

1. Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Wifi ethernet problems

2. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  3. Complex ethernet and wifi problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complex ethernet and wifi problems: Hello, For no reason all of sudden, my ethernet connection isn't showing even not in network connections, neither in devices. Also my wifi keeps disconnecting. I tried reinstalling drivers, settings reset, restarts What I know that the problem is in pc sw/hw issue, bc i...
  4. Ethernet and Wifi problem

Ethernet and Wifi problem: I have a problem with my internet connection that every 24 hours it will lost connection the ethernet port the problem is when it lost connection only my pc that lost connection from the internet but Wifi from access point works fine. I try everything but it seems I can't...
  5. ethernet / wifi problem

ethernet / wifi problem: Thinkpad laptop with win10. Since the last update laptop boots to wifi connection, how do I get it back to the ethernet on booting? 154395
  6. ethernet / wifi problem

in Windows 10 Support
    ethernet / wifi problem: Thinkpad laptop with win10. Since the last update laptop boots to wifi connection, how do I get it back to the ethernet on booting? 154395
  7. Ethernet and Wifi Problem

Ethernet and Wifi Problem: Hi there, whenever i plug in my ethernet cable , the wifi automatically turns off and i cannot turn it on again.Whenever i unplug the cable the wifi goes back, so here is my problem: i wanted to share the ethernet connection through hotspot but it seems like i can't do so...
  8. Wifi and ethernet problems

Wifi and ethernet problems: I am trying to connect to the internet after the update and it's me that the ethernet isnt working, I am trying to turn on wifi to see if it's just ether net or my computer but I dont have an option for wifi any where [IMG]...
  9. Wifi and Ethernet problems after the Windows 10 Home 1903 update

Wifi and Ethernet problems after the Windows 10 Home 1903 update: Hi all! I had a bad idea of installing the update, the notebook has loaded and restarted, but when I tried to connect to the Internet an error message appeared; I looked at the control panel and noticed with great surprise that both the wifi and the Ethernet connection are...
  10. Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home 1803 version KB4023057 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi and ethernet problems after Windows 10 Home 1803 version KB4023057 update: Hello everyone! I had the bad idea to install the KB4023057 update, the notebook has loaded it and restarted, but when I tried to connect to the internet an error message appeared; I looked in the control panel and I noticed with great surprise that both the wifi and the...