Windows 10: WiFi and Ethernet Slow only on One Device

Discus and support WiFi and Ethernet Slow only on One Device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Both my wireless network (2.4 and 5 GHz) and network cable connections are slow (6 mbps) only on one of my laptops. My personal laptop is slow on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VA__Gentleman, Nov 24, 2019.

1. WiFi and Ethernet Slow only on One Device

Both my wireless network (2.4 and 5 GHz) and network cable connections are slow (6 mbps) only on one of my laptops.

My personal laptop is slow on my wireless network. My connection is usually 100 mbps. I get this speed on all other devices in my home. Phones, tablets, roku, and my work laptop all get normal speed. So I connected my laptop to a network cable, still I get the same slow speed with a direct connection.

Thinking it was a problem with only this computer, I connected the laptop to a mobile hotspot from my phone. The internet speed flew up to 80 mbps.

It seems to be an issue between only this device and only with this router together.

I have tried the following to fix it:
    Updated drivers on network card,
    Uninstalled and reinstalled network card, updated windows, forgot all networks and cleared temp files, reset router, disabled virus and security software, uninstalled VPN.

I don't know what else to do. The laptop speed is normal on mobile hotspot. The speed is slow on my home network both wired and wireless. The router is fine on all other devices except this one.

:)

VA__Gentleman, Nov 24, 2019

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Nov 24, 2019
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

WiFi and Ethernet Slow only on One Device

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

WiFi and Ethernet Slow only on One Device

1. WiFi and Ethernet Slow only on One Device - Similar Threads - WiFi Ethernet Slow

2. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer: Basically what the title says. It was working fine one day and the next it started acting like thisThe WiFi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has trouble loading some websites especially YouTube and google, for some reason and all games are rly laggyI’ve tried network...
  3. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer: Basically what the title says. It was working fine one day and the next it started acting like thisThe WiFi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has trouble loading some websites especially YouTube and google, for some reason and all games are rly laggyI’ve tried network...
  4. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow wifi speed with only one laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow wifi speed with only one laptop: Hi all, im trying to fix slow wifi speed only with one laptop asus x515. All devices laptops, phones across home, connected to same WIFi have speed around 800mbps. Only one has around 20mbps when connected to WIFI, when its connected via cabel it has around 800mbps. What i...
  6. Slow wifi speed with only one laptop

Slow wifi speed with only one laptop: Hi all, im trying to fix slow wifi speed only with one laptop asus x515. All devices laptops, phones across home, connected to same WIFi have speed around 800mbps. Only one has around 20mbps when connected to WIFI, when its connected via cabel it has around 800mbps. What i...
  7. Wifi drops on only one device on only one network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi drops on only one device on only one network: Hello.I have an issue with my laptop and its internet connection.Laptop is an Asus TUF Gaming A172021 running windows 11.The problem I have is that for like a month or two now I have had connection drops when connected to my home wifi. The laptop is still connected to the...
  8. Wifi drops on only one device on only one network

Wifi drops on only one device on only one network: Hello.I have an issue with my laptop and its internet connection.Laptop is an Asus TUF Gaming A172021 running windows 11.The problem I have is that for like a month or two now I have had connection drops when connected to my home wifi. The laptop is still connected to the...
  9. Wifi become slow for only one PC

Wifi become slow for only one PC: Hello PS: I am not good in English, sorry if I cannot describe things properly I have a PC with Window 10, previously it was OK with the network speed. Suddenly, my PC's wifi become slower a lot. I cannot found out the reason of it. I tried a lots of test, to find the...
  10. extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house: Ive tried everything i can find on the internet and nothing seems to fix the problem. i even bought a new wifi adapter and that didnt work either. we have other devices in the house including another pc and the wifi works perfectly fine on them so im not sure of the problem....