Windows 10: Wifi and/or bluetooth adapter keep missing

Discus and support Wifi and/or bluetooth adapter keep missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've decided to ask this question because i don't know what to do. So here's the problem : a few days ago, my Bluetooth adapter went missing. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FahrizalNugraha, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Wifi and/or bluetooth adapter keep missing

I've decided to ask this question because i don't know what to do. So here's the problem : a few days ago, my Bluetooth adapter went missing. I don't know why, it just did. I tried to check it on Network Connections in Control Panel, and the Bluetooth Network Connection wasn't there. When i check it on Device Manager, i i couldn't find it either. It finallyo showed up when i clicked "Show Hidden Devices" in "View" option, but i couldn't use it. I tried to restart my laptop and The Bluetooth file transfer went back and worked as usual, but after that my Wifi adapter went missing. I did the same thing for Wifi adapter like i did on Bluetooth adapter to check if it was still in my Device Manager, and yes, it finally showed up when i clicked "Show Hidden Devices". This went on for about 5 or 6 times i used my laptop. I also noticed something strange regarding this : when both showed up and worked like before, the start up time only took up about a few seconds (approximately the same time when there was no problem with them), but the start up time could take up to a few minutes when the problem showed up. Do note that i didn't install any suspicious software before.

:)

FahrizalNugraha, Jul 23, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Wifi/Bluetooth adapter issues/ maybe virus

Hi Nath,

Try re-enabling your third-party anitivirus and do a full system scan. Once done, and if Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is still not working, try to uninstall and reinstall both drivers. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on Start menu button, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapter section, right-click on your Wi-Fi driver and select
      Uninstall device.
    3. Repeat the steps for Bluetooth driver.
    4. Restart your computer.

Both drivers should reload fine after the restart. If it doesn't, I suggest manually downloading and installing the latest wireless network adapter and Bluetooth driver from your computer manufacturer website.

If you need further help, let me know by posting back. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Aliz Win User

Wifi and/or bluetooth adapter keep missing

Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

Thema:

Wifi and/or bluetooth adapter keep missing

1. Wifi and/or bluetooth adapter keep missing - Similar Threads - Wifi bluetooth adapter

2. WiFi Adapter Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Missing?: HelloI have a HP 15 Notebook running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.I closed my laptop last night and this morning when I opened it it say it encountered an error and needed to restart. Upon restarting, I now have no wifi and no wifi adapter. The only thing showing is the...
  3. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  4. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  5. WiFi and Bluetooth adapters missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi and Bluetooth adapters missing: The WiFi and Bluetooth keep disappearing from my laptop acer swift 3,Windows 11 . I go through all the recommended tips for retrieving, updating driver through device manager. Because I can't go online to find the drivers, I downloaded the driver when I had WiFi. On occasion...
  6. WiFi and Bluetooth adapters missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi and Bluetooth adapters missing: The WiFi and Bluetooth keep disappearing from my laptop acer swift 3,Windows 11 . I go through all the recommended tips for retrieving, updating driver through device manager. Because I can't go online to find the drivers, I downloaded the driver when I had WiFi. On occasion...
  7. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: My wifi adapter is completely missing from my laptop. I have tried searching for it in device manager—>show hidden devices—> network adapters but there is no wifi adapter showing up. I have tried redownloading the driver from the ASUS website using an ethernet cable but that...
  8. Wifi adapter missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter missing: Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable. I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there checked my device manager and my wireless driver is gone updated the system win 10 reset the pc its looking like I might have...
  9. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10. I left my computer in the middle of the night and when i woke up, I suddenly had new background pictures and my wifi shows a red X. I suspect that my computer went through...
  10. Missing Wifi Adapter

Missing Wifi Adapter: After turning on my laptop from sleep mode, I noticed that the wifi option in the network is missing, from the settings its missing, from the device manager its missing, only the ethernet is left, what can I do?...