Windows 10: WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

Discus and support WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by junglee, Nov 11, 2019.

1. junglee Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known Networks. Restoring an earlier image has not helped and Adapter drivers are up-to-date.
    Any suggestions to bring the fibre network back on Desktop? OS is Windows 0 Professional. TIA.
    Amarnath Wanchoo

:)

junglee, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Nov 11, 2019
  3. "show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared

hi! all,

under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand corner of the task bar, I could not see available wireless network window either.

the only way that I can attach to a new wireless network is at the login page and click on the wifi icon, then the available wireless networks window will show up.

please help!

Thanx!

-speedracer

speedracer92130, Nov 11, 2019
  4. AlineY Win User

Windows 10 won't show available networks while still being able to connect to known networks

When clicking 'Show available networks' in Windows Settings > Status or Wi-Fi > Show Available networks, or clicking the wifi icon in the taskbar (bottom right), the list will pop up, but not show any networks (while my laptop has seen networks before, other
    devices do see the networks, and my laptop connects to my home network)

- I am currently connected to a network I have been connected to before (wireless)

- When I choose Windows Settings > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks it will show all the networks I have been connected to in the past.

- When I restart my computer I can click the wifi icon on the Windows login page and it will show available networks.

I have tried many different things, but to no avail. For now I can work, since my home and work network are recognized - but I won't be able to join a new network or to 'forget' a network, or manually connect to it.

Some suggested to do something with Cortana, but that is not a process that runs on my computer.

Secondary problem: the Windows search bar (when you click the Start button/windows key on the keyboard), does not work anymore. No searches for any application or file are currently possible. Highly annoying.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aline

AlineY, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

1. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks - Similar Threads - WiFi appears Manage

2. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  3. Known Network To Available Network

Known Network To Available Network: How to move a wifi network that I want to connect to, from the "Unknown Network" category, to the "Available Network" category. I have it set for "Connect Automatically", but it will not make itself available now, yet I have used it many times before....
  4. Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks: Several PCs use the network OK, and the problem PC is only 2 metres from the Router. It shows lots of other networks, but not the one which it should show, as used by the other PCs and showing in "Manage Known Networks" . I put it there anually. Trouble shooter does not help....
  5. New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New WiFi network not appearing on available networks: We just got a new internet service at home and the network is not appearing on the “available networks” tab. A bunch of other networks that are not this one are appearing. I looked up troubleshooting tips on my phone and none of them solved the problem. I don’t know what to...
  6. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  7. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

"manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  8. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  9. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...
  10. "show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared

"show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared: hi! all, under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand...