Windows 10: WIFI appears to be connected, but i really can't make any connection.

Discus and support WIFI appears to be connected, but i really can't make any connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i am running windows 10 pro edition. My pc does not have an integral wifi adapter so i use an usb one. The wifi mostly appear to be connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by doxtan., Jan 7, 2019.

1. doxtan. Win User

WIFI appears to be connected, but i really can't make any connection.

Hello, i am running windows 10 pro edition.

My pc does not have an integral wifi adapter so i use an usb one.

The wifi mostly appear to be connected with full bars. but i really cant go on the internet. it can also sometimes appear as the little yellow ! ontop of the wifi picture.

i have tried several diffrent adaptors but nothing works!

please help me.

:)

doxtan., Jan 7, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 7, 2019
  3. simrick Win User

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jan 7, 2019
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to Network sharing centre, click Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi and disable it, reboot and enable it, might work. If you still find it difficult to get the connection working, let us know the Wi-Fi card make and the driver you have at the moment.

brummyfan, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. WIFI appears to be connected, but i really can't make any connection. - Similar Threads - WIFI appears connected

2. I can't connect to ANY wifi networks!!! HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to ANY wifi networks!!! HELP!!: Hello,I cannot connect to ANY wifi networks on my PC, at all. My wifi works throughout the house, on phones and tablets etc and even on other computers! It's just mineI installed windows 11 in around december '22 and since then i haven't been able to connect to any wifi...
  3. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any: About 3 months ago, I was having trouble connecting to wifi. Back then when I first started my laptop for 3-4 days I had to spend an hour connecting to wifi. Every time I turned on my computer it said "Cannot connect to this network" and after an hour it magically connected....
  4. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any: About 3 months ago, I was having trouble connecting to wifi. Back then when I first started my laptop for 3-4 days I had to spend an hour connecting to wifi. Every time I turned on my computer it said "Cannot connect to this network" and after an hour it magically connected....
  5. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. I can't connect to any public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any public wifi: I am currently living in a place where they have a free public wifi. since today, i cant seem to connect to any public wifi. Usually when i try to connect to any public wifi, there's a message on the wifi section to "open browser and connect". Since this morning, the message...
  7. I can't connect to any public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to any public wifi: I am currently living in a place where they have a free public wifi. since today, i cant seem to connect to any public wifi. Usually when i try to connect to any public wifi, there's a message on the wifi section to "open browser and connect". Since this morning, the message...
  8. Wifi Connection Not Appearing

Wifi Connection Not Appearing: I'm having an issue with my PC, I have always used a wireless connection for my PC and never had any issues, now suddenly my computer will not connect or even display any networks that I was previously able to connect to. It only shows an ethernet connection in my network...
  9. Wifi Connection Not Appearing

Wifi Connection Not Appearing: I'm having an issue with my PC, I have always used a wireless connection for my PC and never had any issues, now suddenly my computer will not connect or even display any networks that I was previously able to connect to. It only shows an ethernet connection in my netowrk...
  10. Can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to any wifi: Hello everyone Everytime I try to connect to a wifi network it tells me "can't connect to this network". I tried to connect to my home network and on my phone using 4G hotspot, and I still get the same error. However, I was able share wifi via USB with my phone and it worked...