Windows 10: Wifi auto connect to random useless network.

Discus and support Wifi auto connect to random useless network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm struggling with a network that keeps kicking me out of the one I'm connected to and connecting itself to it. The network is not in my list and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RenatoCarrillo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Wifi auto connect to random useless network.

I'm struggling with a network that keeps kicking me out of the one I'm connected to and connecting itself to it. The network is not in my list and continuously get connected to it even though it doesn't provide internet. I'm having to connect to my own wifi every 5 minutes for this reason and it's quiet annoying. Any idea of how I can deal with this?

:)

RenatoCarrillo, Sep 21, 2018

2. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Sep 21, 2018
  3. darkf0xx Win User
    Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Sep 21, 2018
  4. legend383 Win User

Wifi auto connect to random useless network.

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Wifi auto connect to random useless network.

1. Wifi auto connect to random useless network. - Similar Threads - Wifi auto connect

2. Wifi keeps auto connecting to network when set to manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps auto connecting to network when set to manual: I have a Windows 11 laptop, latest update 10.0.22621 N/A Build 22621, with a Realtek RTL8852BE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter.Starting two days ago, it has now started to auto attempt to connect to the strongest wifi network, even through the WIFI settings for any wifi network...
  3. Wifi keeps auto connecting to network when set to manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps auto connecting to network when set to manual: I have a Windows 11 laptop, latest update 10.0.22621 N/A Build 22621, with a Realtek RTL8852BE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter.Starting two days ago, it has now started to auto attempt to connect to the strongest wifi network, even through the WIFI settings for any wifi network...
  4. Random connectivity loss on particular Wifi network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random connectivity loss on particular Wifi network.: Hi,Our devices are experiencing random disconnects on a particular wifi network.The devices are Lenovo and HP 450 laptops, Windows 11, latest drivers, and devices are managed via Intune.It happens only on that network; connectivity on any other network is fine.What can be the...
  5. Random connectivity loss on particular Wifi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connectivity loss on particular Wifi network.: Hi,Our devices are experiencing random disconnects on a particular wifi network.The devices are Lenovo and HP 450 laptops, Windows 11, latest drivers, and devices are managed via Intune.It happens only on that network; connectivity on any other network is fine.What can be the...
  6. Random Wifi Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Wifi Networks: I see tons of random wifi networks, I turn off "Hotspot 2.0 networks" but they are still visible. Can't "forget" them, cant delete them, and somehow they always are set to "automatically connect"....
  7. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  8. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  9. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...