Windows 10: WIFI autoconfiguration

Discus and support WIFI autoconfiguration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have set up a corporate wifi managed by GPO witch 802.11x for corporate PC to connect automatically, as per the picture [ATTACH] However the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stefano_C, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Stefano_C Win User

WIFI autoconfiguration

We have set up a corporate wifi managed by GPO witch 802.11x for corporate PC to connect automatically, as per the picture

WIFI autoconfiguration 47c925ae-84d2-42ff-8662-220046107e05?upload=true.jpg

However the Windows 10 PC doesn't connect automatically.

The Wifi shows up and if selected by the user it connects without problem, apart from requesting confirmation.

We want the pc to connect automatically to the corporate wifi, if present, even before the user logging in

How should we configure it ?

thanks

:)

Stefano_C, Jan 22, 2021

2. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154 (preferred) showing instead of the IP address I assigned manually. is there a way to stop the Autoconfiguration
    ipv4 address?

louismedina1, Jan 22, 2021
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 22, 2021
  4. WIFI autoconfiguration

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

WIFI autoconfiguration

1. WIFI autoconfiguration - Similar Threads - WIFI autoconfiguration

2. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zero wifi networks: got a new pcwindows 10 proi'm typing this on my old laptop, trying to connect to the wifi except there are zero available networks even though there are on my laptop.there are no wifi on/off or mobile hotspot buttons just a greyed out airplane mode. troubleshooting only gives...
  3. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zero wifi networks: got a new pcwindows 10 proi'm typing this on my old laptop, trying to connect to the wifi except there are zero available networks even though there are on my laptop.there are no wifi on/off or mobile hotspot buttons just a greyed out airplane mode. troubleshooting only gives...
  4. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

8. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  9. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  10. No wifi networks appearing after turning off autoconfiguration for wifi.

No wifi networks appearing after turning off autoconfiguration for wifi.: Hi all, I was having large ping spikes for a long time and I finally fixed it after entering this into command promptnetsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection" This fixed the issue, but after entering it no wifi networks were appearing so...