Windows 10: WiFi Automatic connect options

Discus and support WiFi Automatic connect options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I am running Windows 11 and have issue with WiFi connect defaults. I want to prevent any/all "auto" connections. There is a checkbox, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Echobiv, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Echobiv Win User

WiFi Automatic connect options

Greetings, I am running Windows 11 and have issue with WiFi connect defaults. I want to prevent any/all "auto" connections. There is a checkbox, that when I uncheck it, it reverts to automatic, even after reboots. Again I am trying to boot w/o auto connecting to WiFi. Even when I disconnect, close, and reboot, it automatically connects. Thanks for any assist. biv

:)

Echobiv, Nov 10, 2021

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

WiFi Automatic connect options [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Nov 10, 2021
  3. automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 10, 2021
  4. Machtyn Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

1. WiFi Automatic connect options - Similar Threads - WiFi Automatic connect

2. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  3. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  4. WiFi Automatic connect options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Automatic connect options: Greetings, I am running Windows 11 and have issue with WiFi connect defaults. I want to prevent any/all "auto" connections. There is a checkbox, that when I uncheck it, it reverts to automatic, even after reboots. Again I am trying to boot w/o auto connecting to WiFi. Even...
  5. Wifi wont automatically connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi wont automatically connect: So I have had my computer for about half a year, and that whole time, my internet would not automatically connect. I run Windows 10, and yes, i know that there is an option that should let my computer connect to the internet automatically, but that setting is not working, so...
  6. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  7. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/1e213074-9a86-440c-bd8c-c05292f65025
  8. Wifi connection options

Wifi connection options: I dont have the option to manually connect to a wifi network. I have also noticed that this is a big issue across multiple versions of Windows such as Windows 7 and 8.1. Can someone please resolve this issue?...
  9. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/08088178-d7ad-482d-944b-c7515ff07368
  10. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...