Windows 10: Wifi being downgraded in Windows and other non-apple devices

Discus and support Wifi being downgraded in Windows and other non-apple devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am experiencing strange issues with my wifi since the new year 2021. My windows machine is not connecting to my home wifi it says its connect with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Whats her Name, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Wifi being downgraded in Windows and other non-apple devices

I am experiencing strange issues with my wifi since the new year 2021. My windows machine is not connecting to my home wifi it says its connect with internet but its not. The laptop works fine when I hotspot off my phone and has no issues connect at the office I mostly work from home so this is a huge issue.

We tracked it down to all non-Apple products are experiencing this issue. All Apple products are showing a speed in the 150-200 Mb range and the non-Apple products are showing 25 Mb or lower. We reset the modem and everything went back up to 150-200 Mb but a few hours later all non-apple device have dropped again. We changed the channel on the wifi, same result good for a few hours then nothing or almost nothing. I would think it was the modem ARRIS Surfboard and I have been in contact with them but I've heard other people at work having similar issues. I use Xfinity and I think that's the issue, I don't know how to solve it.

So far the devices being effected:

Window 10 laptop

Window 10 tablet

Android

Visio TV

other devices maybe effected but they can't show the speeds so shrug

:)

Whats her Name, Jan 20, 2021

2. Will the apple "airport extreme" work with non-apple wifi cards?

Yes it's just another random OEM wifi card inside the Apple device.

Wrigleyvillain, Jan 20, 2021
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jan 20, 2021
  4. roarl-j Win User

Wifi being downgraded in Windows and other non-apple devices

Windows 10 connect to internet trough Wifi and Apple Airport

I cannot connect to the internet trough Wifi over Apple Airport with my work computer running windows 10. It connects to Wifi, and loudspeakers over Wifi. It Connects to the internet trough cable via Apple Airport. I have updated drivers and have booted
    both devices.

Any suggestions?

Is this a Windows or Apple problem?

roarl-j, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Wifi being downgraded in Windows and other non-apple devices

1. Wifi being downgraded in Windows and other non-apple devices - Similar Threads - Wifi being downgraded

2. Wi-Fi, PC and other devices are being hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wi-Fi, PC and other devices are being hacked: Where do I begin to defend this scenario? I am under constant attack by individuals that are using my wi-fi to access my Marvell Yukon fiber optic dsl where they set up a Network boot using a pxs I think it's called. When I started my pc they could have whatever shell...
  3. Ethernet overriding other devices on WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet overriding other devices on WIFI: Hi, A bit of a weird one and forgive me if its a bit confused.I've noticed that recently when I use my desktop PC running Windows 10 on an Ethernet connection it seems to override everything else on the network. Is there some sort of setting I have enabled by accident?An...
  4. Non existent USB device is being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent USB device is being detected: I presently have no USB device plugged into my ASUS E510 Laptop. However, the laptop keeps giving me a popup claiming "USB device not recognized". It is almost behaving as if I am rapidly plugging in, and taking out a USB device, as it chimes both the plug in and unplug...
  5. Do Google, Microsoft, Apple and other vendors share WIFI location databases?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do Google, Microsoft, Apple and other vendors share WIFI location databases?: I’m trying to better understand how my Windows laptop knows my preciselocation. I learnt that if, for example, I open the Microsoft Maps app in my Windowslaptop, it can pinpoint my exact location by checking online on a database Microsofthas, that tracks nearby WIFI Access...
  6. Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine.

Laptop has really poor signal to WIFI, despite other devices being perfectly fine.: Hi, please help me! I live in a student house and share WIFI with 5 other people. We are onVirgin WIFI and have an ORBI with it to boost the signal. My room is just up the stairs from the room where the router is, yet I have the worst connection in the house. Upstairs is a...
  7. wifi hotspot sharing to other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi hotspot sharing to other devices: I accidently disabled virtual ethernet 2 connection off of networks settings screen. now i cant activate wifi hot spot on my hp15 windows 10 laptop. im trying to share my wifi thru my laptop to other devices. i press turn on hotspot and it says sorry we cannot start hotspot....
  8. USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.: I got a new USB headset and microphone for Skype and such. Plugged it in and got no sound, but the in-line mute and volume worked to control the built-in speakers in my computer. Looked in Device Manager and saw that the headset was listed under "Other Devices" with an...
  9. Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used

Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used: I would try it with that off as well. Ok. I will try that next time when I am out.
  10. Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network: My problem is rather strange and one I haven't come across before. Today, out of the blue, my PC stopped being discovered by other devices on the home network; the Plex media server and Unified Remote servers running on the computer are being discovered by their respective...