Windows 10: WiFi breaks after Windows 10 1809 update

Discus and support WiFi breaks after Windows 10 1809 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. MSI Titan GT80 SLI, was running Win10 1803, just bumped me to 1809 an hour ago. I thought for sure the driver issue was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dictum9, Dec 18, 2018.

1. dictum9 Win User

WiFi breaks after Windows 10 1809 update

Split from this thread.​

MSI Titan GT80 SLI, was running Win10 1803, just bumped me to 1809 an hour ago. I thought for sure the driver issue was solved as it nuked my wi-fi ability in October disaster and no. The same thing happened. I quickly downloaded the wifi drivers and installed them and I am back online.

KillerDrivers_1.62166_x64

This is just a ridiculous situation, I should not have to install drivers when going from 1803 to 1809. They had weeks to debug this and haven't yet. I thought this 1809 upgrade was different from the one in October. It's the same broken upgrade.

:)

dictum9, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 18, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi breaks after Windows 10 1809 update - Similar Threads - WiFi breaks 1809

2. Windows breaking after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows breaking after update: Hi all, really hoping someone can help me with this. Until about a month ago my PC was completely fine, then it said it had to update so I restarted. Only for it to crash during boot sequence. It was obvious that it had completely broken windows since windows went into...
  3. Windows updates from 1809 and up breaks wifi adapters....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows updates from 1809 and up breaks wifi adapters....: So... I was hoping that over time microsoft would fix updates that don't break the wifi on our home computers. I was forced to go to linux on my mom's PC and for mine I been holding off on updates as much as possible. I was forced to update to version 1809 , build...
  4. After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects

After April 1809 Update WIfi Disconnects: I have observed upon installation of VPN such as ProtonVPN the disconnection with Wifi occurs again. Why does the update block VPN's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-april-1809-update-wifi-disconnects/b8af91f8-0fdf-494a-8163-eb75874bb5ca
  5. VPN Breaks after windows 1809 version update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VPN Breaks after windows 1809 version update: Hi. Due to windows version update 1809, we have users who cannot use VPN service in split tunnel configuration. The VPN seems to break when the windows are updated to version 1809. The Workaround mentioned in this link (https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K18448121) is not...
  6. 1809 Update Breaks iCloud

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 Update Breaks iCloud: iCloud users should note this before upgrading. More evidence of poor testing? https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...-broken-icloud 121959
  7. Windows 10 keeps breaking after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps breaking after update: Computer Specifications: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm | HP® Customer Support Hello, I have had this computer for about 3 months and was only used for playing games. It was working well until a windows 10 update. The computer displayed an error and restarted. I don't...
  8. Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge

Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge: I just updated my corporate Surface Pro to the 1809 update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, now Edge cannot access internet sites. It does access internal intranet sites. Google Chrome, Firefox and IE still function as expected. Anyone else have similar issue?? I'm...
  9. Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge

Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge: I just updated my corporate Surface Pro to the 1809 update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, now Edge cannot access internet sites. It does access internal intranet sites. Google Chrome, Firefox and IE still function as expected. Anyone else have similar issue?? I'm...
  10. 1809 breaks network browsing?

1809 breaks network browsing?: The system that hosts the shares had W10 Professional, version 1803 (host01) and the remote system W10 Professional version 1809 (host02). Browsing network on the local/remote system showed the shares, but on the remote PC, accessing required UID/PWD. Updating the host01 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi breaks winoidws 10 1903

2. update breaks wi-fi

3. windows update 1809 wifi

4. windows forget wifi password after update 1809,
  5. windows 1809 wifi,
  6. wifi drver for windows 1809 seems to break the internet,
  7. windows 10 update to 1809 breaks wifi