Windows 10: WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work

Discus and support WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't seem to use function button on volume and brightness. Audio functions don't work and the system won't let me adjust the brightness on screen as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Clr_, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Clr_ Win User

WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work

I can't seem to use function button on volume and brightness. Audio functions don't work and the system won't let me adjust the brightness on screen as well. There's no WiFi icon displayed on the bottom part of the screen and whenever I open the settings, there's no setting for WiFi.

I manually delete some files to free some space. Does deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder affected these? I also changed my PC name and every time I log in, it asks for my password instead of PIN. How to fix this?

:)

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Mar 30, 2020
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Mar 30, 2020
  4. WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I can´t find anything that addresses my actual problem.I have seen that others have also experienced this problem but I have not found a solution that works. My ProBook was originally Win 7 pro, updated to Win 10 pro but HP won´t update because of its age (for me, brand new-just bought it a few days ago) so I don´t really know what to do. Sure, just a minor glitch but a very irritating one (that orange is just way too bright!) that should be a snap to fix (or not-I don´t know, I think my 4 year old granddaughter has better computer skills than I do!) English is not the default language so many of the commands must be translated-just another hassel to deal with. I finally found the systemconfig. box. Selective start and discovered that ALL the service boxes are checked. Good, bad, doesn´t make a difference: I just don´t know.

mrsnakeman, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work

1. WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work - Similar Threads - WiFi Brightness Volume

2. Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working: I recently updated to Windows 11, the control panel on the bottom that controls the volume, brightness and internet etc. opens but none of the buttons are responsive. My physical buttons for volume and brightness works fine. When I click the sliders, the pop up closes out....
  3. Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working: I recently updated to Windows 11, the control panel on the bottom that controls the volume, brightness and internet etc. opens but none of the buttons are responsive. My physical buttons for volume and brightness works fine. When I click the sliders, the pop up closes out....
  4. Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working: When I pressed the volume up/down and brightness up/down keys on the keyboard the display showed the bar status of the respective category, but recently I noticed that i doesn´t happen anymore, so I want to fix it as it was....
  5. Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working: When I pressed the volume up/down and brightness up/down keys on the keyboard the display showed the bar status of the respective category, but recently I noticed that i doesn´t happen anymore, so I want to fix it as it was....
  6. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  7. No wifi/brightness or volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No wifi/brightness or volume: Hi, i need help before i have to use my repair disc to sort my laptop out, to start with i couldn't sign in with my pin and couldn't remember my password so i reset it and still could not sign in, i tried an old password and that worked ???? thought that couldn't happen, when...
  8. Volume and Brightness keys not working

Volume and Brightness keys not working: I just recently got this laptop around the Holidays. I noticed a few problems with this laptop, my brightness and volume F-keys weren't working, my screen kept on exiting out to home screen, and my cursor wasn't working at times. Then, I restarted my laptop and everything...
  9. Volume and brightness keys not working

Volume and brightness keys not working: Hi, I hope someone can help. I've only recently noticed that my sound and brightness keys/buttons don't work as they should, regardless of whether or not the function button is pressed. I am using Windows 10 Home on my very basic Lenovo laptop which is roughly 1-2 years...
  10. Microsoft Surface Laptop function keys for brightness and volume won't work - FIXED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Laptop function keys for brightness and volume won't work - FIXED: Hi all, New to the forums but wanted to share this fix as it has frustrated me for many many months that there was no a solution available. My functions keys, for brightness and volume would not work, they would just do random functions like restart the video I was...