Windows 10: WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

Discus and support WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have fibre to premises broadband from Vodafone and the speed is 200 mbps since March this year. In the first few months, the WiFi speed was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aung35, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Aung35 Win User

WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

Hi

I have fibre to premises broadband from Vodafone and the speed is 200 mbps since March this year. In the first few months, the WiFi speed was the same as with an Ethernet cable connected if I was close to the router. Recently, the speed is much slower than that. Sometimes I got 110 mbps, 80 mbps or even 20 mbps. Other devices can pick up 200 mbps or higher when I tested them at the same time. How to resolve this problem please?

:)

Aung35, Sep 19, 2020

2. Laptop slow wifi speeds

I have a an Acer Aspire E1-532 laptop that has windows 10 installed. Recently the wifi broadband speed to the laptop has dropped from 24mbs to around 5mbs (or slower) for no apparent reason. If I connect directly to the router by cable, the 24mbs speed
    is again achieved. Is this a laptop/windows problem or router settings?

David Hatherly UK, Sep 19, 2020
  3. xendistar Win User
    Wifi speed on Lenovo laptop

I have a Lenovo laptop with a Broadcom wifi adapter, the upload and download speed has fallen through the floor along with network drops outs.

The laptop is running Windows 10 1909, the laptop is currently running Microsoft wifi adapter drivers, I have downloaded drivers direct from Broadcom but the performance was even worse using the Broadcom drivers. I have checked with the Lenovo web site and according to the driver support I have upto date drivers.

I have checked wifi performance using speedtest.net on my phone sat next to my laptop and I am getting the expected broadband speed. My son has also tested the wifi speed on his PC upstairs and it is only slightly less than expected broadband speed ( to be expected based on distance from the router etc.). My broadband speed is 100+Mbps on average, the laptop is giving just 10Mbps.

Can anybody make any suggestions on what I can do to get the laptops wifi performance back to wear it should be please.

xendistar, Sep 19, 2020
  4. WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

Why poor broadband speed on new laptop?

I'm using a brand new Dell Inspiron 7373, and when I run a broadband speed test, it tells me I have a download speed of 1.82Mb. (I was prompted to check by a long wait to download a Windows update). I checked using the same website speed test (broadband.co.uk)
    sitting on the same spot close to the router on two different devices, and both gave me far better results.

Why does my laptop get slower speeds? Thanks to anyone who can help.

FionaMcGrogan, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

1. WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices - Similar Threads - WiFi Broadband Speed

2. Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.: I build my own pc a few months ago and everything worked fine, but about a month ago it started to slow down. I have 250 Mbits/s on my phone and on almost every other device in my house, but i reach only between 10-60 Mbits/s on my pc. I did speed tests at the same distance...
  3. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  4. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  5. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  6. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  7. WiFi broadband speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi broadband speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices: Hi, I have broadband and the speed is 200 Mbps since the beginning of this year. In the first few months, the WiFi speed was the same as with an Ethernet cable connected if it was close to the router. Recently, the speed is much slower than that. Sometimes I got 100mbps,...
  8. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.: Hey. I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds. [ATTACH] I bought a new wifi card...
  9. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  10. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...