Windows 10: Wifi broadcasting

Discus and support Wifi broadcasting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; People have been telling me that my pc is broadcasting some kind of connection while the hotspot option is turned off "DIRECT-GC<desktop name>msWF".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doomkeylol, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Wifi broadcasting

People have been telling me that my pc is broadcasting some kind of connection while the hotspot option is turned off "DIRECT-GC<desktop name>msWF". this has become at times really annoying.

:)

Doomkeylol, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

windows broadcasting

Hi ToddBrooks,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• How are you broadcasting?
    • Are you receiving any error code along with the error message?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

You can check if the Broadcast option is enabled under Settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Gaming > Click on
      Game bar.
    3. In the right pane, turn on the slider under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on ‘Why
    can't I broadcast my game?
    andplease provide a screenshot of the window, so that we can have a better understanding on this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

If you need further assistance, please respond to the above questions, so that we can narrow down the issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 18, 2019
  3. WiFi network that is not broadcasting an SSID

I have my home router set to not broadcast the SSID and have it secured with a WPA2 Passphrase. The question I have is how can I connect my LG Quantum phone to my home network if I'm not broadcasting the SSID? It doesn't show up on the list of available
    WiFi connections and there is no way to manually include my SSID and password from what I can see. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Crazy_Allen, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Wifi broadcasting

Mixer Broadcast Not Working

Hi CV Scaryseizure,

Thank you for bringing this up. Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could figure out what causing the Mixer Broadcast not to work properly. Kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us when did you notice this issue?
    • Do you use the Mixer Broadcasting app on Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you sign out your account on the Mixer app then sign in again. If you still got the same issue, I suggest that you also reinstall the app to eliminate corrupted files.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Wifi broadcasting

1. Wifi broadcasting - Similar Threads - Wifi broadcasting

2. Wifi option keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option keep disappearing: My wifi driver and adapterkeep disconnecting and the wifi option disappeared it said code: 45, it started a few day ago, at first its only one time now its multiple time a day. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it because of the hardware or software? Should i...
  3. Wifi option keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option keep disappearing: My wifi driver and adapterkeep disconnecting and the wifi option disappeared it said code: 45, it started a few day ago, at first its only one time now its multiple time a day. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it because of the hardware or software? Should i...
  4. my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...

my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...: my laptop is acer nitro 5 i7 12th gen and rtx 4070ti and i use wifi option and my internet speed stuck at 30mbps while on other hand on phone and other laptop i got full 100mbps speed...
  5. Broadcast via WIFI to sonos move

Broadcast via WIFI to sonos move: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast via WIFI to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported. Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast via wifi to a sonos move?moderator: this is a new posting of a...
  6. Broadcast via wifi to sonos

Broadcast via wifi to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast via WIFI to my sonos move. Airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast via WIFI to a sonos move?Cheers...
  7. Do routers lose wifi broadcast range?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do routers lose wifi broadcast range?: Hi guys. My router is located in my conservatory, built onto the side of my house. Effectively, this was outside the house before I built it. For the past 3 years it has supplied my conservatory PC, printer, scanner and the main lounge TV perfectly well. It has also supplied...
  8. Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name

Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name: Hello All, I have UVerse with AT&T. The Uverse Residential Gateway (fancy word for Router) is installed in my office. The Gateway has ports for ethernet and also provides WiFi. My living room is on the opposite side of the house and the WiFi was not good so I ran an ethernet...
  9. Broadcasts not being routed from WiFi to Ethernet by router

Broadcasts not being routed from WiFi to Ethernet by router: I recently started a transition from WiFi 5 to WiFi 6. Part of that transition included replacing my Linksys router with an ASUS RT-AX92U WiFi6 router. Ever since that change I have noticed that my desktop computer (connected via Ethernet) cannot be awoken with Wake On LAN...
  10. Server 2016 with a WiFi adapter broadcasts a SSID that you can connect directly to the...

Server 2016 with a WiFi adapter broadcasts a SSID that you can connect directly to the...: I have a wifi adapter on an instance of Server 2016 which I typically use to connect to various networks. Which works fine, however it also publishes its own SSID of the Machine name and no credentials. This needs to be turned off, but I can not find anything that even admits...