Windows 10: Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.

Discus and support Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a win10 machine here that is getting worse and worse. Now it is off the web permanently, I can't connect at all. It was intermittent and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Oct 14, 2016.

1. abrogard Win User

Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.

I have a win10 machine here that is getting worse and worse. Now it is off the web permanently, I can't connect at all.

It was intermittent and then progressively worse and now totally off.

It is supposed to be connecting via wifi3 whatever that means. The third wifi dongle I've put in since I've been hassling with it?

It claims it cannot see any available networks. A machine one metre away also running win10 sees four or five.

The machine is on an Asus H170 pro gamer board with an i3 cpu.

Here are some of the rough notes I eventually started jotting down as the thing went on, in no particular order but just as they came to me. You can see I finally got exasperated enough to start doing it when the machine started not even waking up:

. Machine doesn't wake up after it has gone to sleep from inactivity - or machine starts the onboard fan but there's no video signal. Plug a different monitor in and it, too, reports no signal. So it is the board.

. How to shut down the board in such a case with a keypress or two? I have to hold the start button down for a long time.

. When it reports it cannot see any networks I can find no way to compell it to search for networks.

. Reported 'wifi2 not a valid IP configuraton' - what on earth does that signify?

. Reported possible problem with windows adapter or access point or network cable. There is no cable, it's wifi, the 'adapters' - wifi dongles - have been changed and proven to work in other machines.

.The square box at bottom right which is sometimes there and sometimes not allows access to 'network settings' and they report wifi2 is switched off. I switch it on again and sometimes that's okay and other times it won't - will not - switch on. It reports 'on' - i.e. the slider moves over and it changes colour - but the square box still reports 'off' and there's no connection. Like half the machine doesn't know what the other half is doing.

. Sometimes - a few times - it will suddenly ask for the network key for my Telstra connection where it has it and it should be (and usually is) connecting automatically.

. Network settings can sit on the screen there refusing to respond. Opens at the VPN page for some reason.

. The wifi and the aero squares come and go I don't know why.

. Internet connection detecting problems takes forever - minutes, obviously something wrong with it.

. Switching off - via software - sometimes most recently has only switched off the monitor, the computer fan just keeps going, the board is obviously still alive.

. Hangs forever on 'windows settings'.

. I can click 'network settings' from that square in the bottom right and I get a big blue window with a cogwheel in it that allows me to do nothing at all.

. wifi3 now. disabled. I cannot enable it.

What can I do about this mess, anyone know? got any ideas?

This should be the best machine in our house. It is the worst. *Sad

I have an old D945GTP board running win10 better than this. Is it the board or just win10 somehow?

It is a new setup and I've installed a few things but not much. Open Office would be the biggest. I've run Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, rkill, jrt, spybot and adwcleaner all to no effect.

:)

abrogard, Oct 14, 2016

2. windows power button vanishes cannot power off

regrettably none of the suggestions solved the problem.

the latest build fixed this problem BUT it broke my wifi and I simply could not find ANY wifi networks SO ALAS I had to revert to the power broken build... sad

if ms are reading this please fix the wifi issue

georgeszubinskime, Oct 14, 2016
  3. pudu---01 Win User
    Getting numbers off a phone that won't switch on

switch onboard or press buttom broken? Mine was broken on press buttom but i managed to reuse it again

pudu---01, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.

1. Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken. - Similar Threads - Wifi Broken Power

2. Mail Manage button broken....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Manage button broken....: Mail not working, and when I go into Settings, Accounts, and select my email account, the Manage button appears. Clicking on it the pop up window shows for a split second, but does not open. I've made no changes to the PC or done any updates recently. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Wifi button broken??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  4. Wifi button broken??

Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  5. Win11 Color Management BROKEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Color Management BROKEN: I bought an HP Pavillion a few weeks ago with Win10 and the subsequent update installed Win11 and I find no matter what Color Profile ICC I designate in Color Management as default nothing changes, there is no difference in color, none, the color remains as it was "out of the...
  6. Win11 Color Management BROKEN

Win11 Color Management BROKEN: I bought an HP Pavillion a few weeks ago with Win10 and the subsequent update installed Win11 and I find no matter what Color Profile ICC I designate in Color Management as default nothing changes, there is no difference in color, none, the color remains as it was "out of the...
  7. wifi suddenly broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi suddenly broken: I used my internet normally and then suddenly I lost connection. Now after restart I have the same situation WiFi is disabled in menu, but in network connection is not connected status. I thought that WiFi card was broken so I changed it and still the same.. I send you some...
  8. WiFi completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi completely broken: Now I have no fucking clue what could be causing this, but my fucking WiFi just keeps losing connection and it says "No Internet". This is not an issue on my end, not at fucking all, so don't even suggest it, because on literally any Linux Distro I haven't encountered even a...
  9. Disk Management is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management is broken: I want to partition my hard disk, only to found this..[ATTACH]Even right-clicking dosen't help the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-is-broken/e7c5d8b4-77a9-402f-aa46-16732c6ccea9
  10. Task manager is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is broken: I think Windows Task manager is broken. It always seas that my Cpu Ussage is 100%. i tried this on other computers too and it was the same there. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-broken/45c3ab77-0b84-4c07-8fa9-ddedc4da5533