Windows 10: WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE

Discus and support WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem has been going on for months now and I can't use my pc because of this. I have online classes and It would really help if somebody knows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maria Eliz, Jun 1, 2021.

1. WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE

This problem has been going on for months now and I can't use my pc because of this. I have online classes and It would really help if somebody knows how to fix this. I have tried all of the possible way to fix this by doing research and watching yt tutorials nothing worked. I have no time getting my pc checked by a professional because my class schedule is packed. I hope someone can help!

:)

Maria Eliz, Jun 1, 2021
  2. SSN651 Win User

How to DISABLE the Airplane Mode Button

I, as other IT managers for schools have been chasing our tails to DISABLE the Airplane Mode button as shown below:

WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE [​IMG]

I have been able to DISABLE the Mobile Hotspot button by using:
    Code:
    Has anyone looked at this lately? Does anyone have a suggestion?

The solution needs to be a registry tweak, as I do not want to access each computer individually.

Many Thanks...

SSN651, Jun 1, 2021
  3. WiFi button disappeared, HP Stuck on Airplane mode

Like most of the people here I too have lost internet connection. One minute it was working, a crazy update came along and suddenly it began switching off on its own. I would turn it back on and last Friday the WiFi button disappeared totally. All that
    is showing is AIRPLANE MODE. I read that the F12 key control that I did turn the airplane mode off through hitting that key, but the WiFI button still was missing. Please help.

Mystiqueofindy60, Jun 1, 2021
  4. popaup Win User

WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE

WIFI button turns on airplane mode

I have just installed Windows 10 and the F12 button on my HP laptop which turns the wifi on and off instead turns airplane mode on and off. I can't get the wifi to turn on in the settings menu. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

popaup, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE

1. WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE - Similar Threads - WIFI BUTTON MISSING

2. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  3. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  4. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.: Hi!I updated to Windows 11 a couple weeks back and I've had no issues.. except randomly the other day. I was browsing the internet like normal when it said I was disconnected. I then look and there is not even an option to connect to wifi anymore. Then I noticed the Bluetooth...
  6. No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No available Wifi Button or Bluetooth button. AIrplane mode also greyed out.: Hi!I updated to Windows 11 a couple weeks back and I've had no issues.. except randomly the other day. I was browsing the internet like normal when it said I was disconnected. I then look and there is not even an option to connect to wifi anymore. Then I noticed the Bluetooth...
  7. How to DISABLE the Airplane Mode Button

How to DISABLE the Airplane Mode Button: I, as other IT managers for schools have been chasing our tails to DISABLE the Airplane Mode button as shown below: [img] I have been able to DISABLE the Mobile Hotspot button by using: Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Network Connections]...
  8. Wifi and Airplane Mode options missing

Wifi and Airplane Mode options missing: Hi. Airplane Mode is automatically turned on, and both the "WiFi" and "Airplane Mode" tabs are missing from my Settings -> Network & Internet. I am currently connected to the Internet with Ethernet cable with 5GB. However my HP Printer does not support 5GB. Therefore I...
  9. No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.

No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.: [IMG]My computer isn't connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables. I've never had to do that before. I know the wifi network os working because my firetv is connected to it. I even tried connecting to my phones wifi...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade causing Wifi button to turn on Airplane mode

Windows 10 upgrade causing Wifi button to turn on Airplane mode: Ever since we upgraded our laptops to Win10, the button on the laptop that turned wifi on and off, now turns on airplain mode when pressed, which turns off all radio signals (Bluetooth etc). Is there a way to change this back? Problem didn't exist with Windows 7...