Windows 10: Wifi button suddenly disappearing

Discus and support Wifi button suddenly disappearing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a problem with my laptop, and its on windows 10, sometimes when I turn my laptop on the wifi gets disconnected and then I can't turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/COACAI, Sep 25, 2020.

1. /u/COACAI Win User

Wifi button suddenly disappearing

Hey guys, I have a problem with my laptop, and its on windows 10, sometimes when I turn my laptop on the wifi gets disconnected and then I can't turn it on. Like the button that turns on/off the wifi disappears completely, even in the settings, and the only way to make it come back is when I restart the device. And this really annoys me, dunno what to do.

And this happens to my brother's laptop as well. (both are from Acer)

submitted by /u/COACAI
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/COACAI, Sep 25, 2020

2. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    Wifi button suddenly disappearing [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    Wifi button suddenly disappearing [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, Sep 25, 2020
  3. dgyaan Win User
    My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list

Hello community,

My WiFi name suddenly disappears from wifi list and it disconnects. My neighbors wifi appear, my hotspot appears, but only my wifi disappears.

Sometime troubleshooting works and my wifi appears, sometimes it doesn't.

It generally happens when my laptop sleeps or when I am doing some heavy processing like Premiere Pro.

There is nothing wrong with my router. There are no such issues from my other Windows & Android devices. On the same laptop where this problem is occurring, I have installed Ubuntu and I have never faced any such problem there as well.

So I go to adapter settings, disable and then re-enable "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter". But sometimes even that does not work, so I have to reboot my PC.

I have already tried these things:

1. Update windows

2. Reinstall windows

3. Disabled power-saving in my wireless adapter settings.

4. Updated drivers.

5. Windows troubleshooting (works sometimes).

dgyaan, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Wifi button suddenly disappearing

WiFi button disappeared, HP Stuck on Airplane mode

Like most of the people here I too have lost internet connection. One minute it was working, a crazy update came along and suddenly it began switching off on its own. I would turn it back on and last Friday the WiFi button disappeared totally. All that
    is showing is AIRPLANE MODE. I read that the F12 key control that I did turn the airplane mode off through hitting that key, but the WiFI button still was missing. Please help.

Mystiqueofindy60, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Wifi button suddenly disappearing

1. Wifi button suddenly disappearing - Similar Threads - Wifi button suddenly

2. WiFi Driver Suddenly Disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Driver Suddenly Disappear: Due to this driver update Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1 my laptop's Wi-Fi driver disappears and also the Bluetooth also disappears and this update cause this trouble every time .I also install a fresh copy of windows but this keeps happening again and...
  3. WiFi Driver Suddenly Disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Driver Suddenly Disappear: Due to this driver update Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1 my laptop's Wi-Fi driver disappears and also the Bluetooth also disappears and this update cause this trouble every time .I also install a fresh copy of windows but this keeps happening again and...
  4. In windows11 wifi apater suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows11 wifi apater suddenly disappears: Hello!Can you help me to solve this? :I dont think it is my router. other devices does not disconnect.Asus TUF 505DUAfter reboot everything is ok. But only 15-45 mins. I didnot found the point when this happens.On screen we can see that the wifi device is disabled even after...
  5. In windows11 wifi apater suddenly disappears

In windows11 wifi apater suddenly disappears: Hello!Can you help me to solve this? :I dont think it is my router. other devices does not disconnect.Asus TUF 505DUAfter reboot everything is ok. But only 15-45 mins. I didnot found the point when this happens.On screen we can see that the wifi device is disabled even after...
  6. Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?: I am currently using Win 10. Its up to date. I don't usually shutdown the laptop. Mostly keeps it in sleep. This is the 2nd time I face issue with Wifi. While using, wifi just disappears and it's like there is no such thing in the PC. Wifi doesn't show in settings. In the...
  7. Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?

Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?: I am currently using Win 10. Its up to date. I don't usually shutdown the laptop. Mostly keeps it in sleep. This is the 2nd time I face issue with Wifi. While using, wifi just disappears and it's like there is no such thing in the PC. Wifi doesn't show in settings. In the...
  8. Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi Suddenly Disappeared

Wifi Suddenly Disappeared: I dont know what happened suddenly but until yesterday everything was working absolutely fine but suddenly today while working on the laptop the wifi suddenly stopped. Then i checked the connections area there was only airplane mode visible and no connections were visible...
  10. My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working

My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working: My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared. if I check network properties, it shows qualcomm atheros AR956x wireless. But cant find anywhere. windows 10 is installed on my pc...