Windows 10: Wifi cannot start

Discus and support Wifi cannot start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it's been a few months since my wifi error, I've tried various ways on the internet and I've installed the latest wifi driver, but the result is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fikri Aldi, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Wifi cannot start

it's been a few months since my wifi error, I've tried various ways on the internet and I've installed the latest wifi driver, but the result is the same, my wifi still can't turn on. Sometimes I try to fix it continuously and it turns on but when I play games or my gpu works, the wifi turns off again. Maybe there is a way to solve this problem?

:)

Fikri Aldi, Sep 29, 2022

2. Pavilion x2 not connecting to wifi

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the error message you're encountering which says
    WiFi doesn't have valid IP configuration, we suggest for you to follow these steps and see if it helps:

• Hold down the Shift key.
    • Perform a shutdown from the Start menu.
    • Don't let go of the Shift key until your laptop is off.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Student WiFi Log In

Hi Sean,

The authentication failed error that you encounter when connecting to a local WiFi can be related to a change on the device firmware caused by the recent update. As an initial step to fix your concern, we suggest that you reset the connection by following
    these steps:

• Click the Start menu

Wifi cannot start 76ecd259-eecc-43ef-8f35-85d4902fb51c.png
    • Select settings

Wifi cannot start 7d7617dc-4119-43ba-82e0-4d50cc14d0b2.png
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click on WiFi and select Manage known networks.
    • Under the list of networks, select the affected WiFi connection.
    • Select Forget.

Once you're done, reconnect to the WiFi and check if the issue persist.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 29, 2022
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Wifi cannot start

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Wifi cannot start

1. Wifi cannot start - Similar Threads - Wifi cannot start

2. Wifi cannot turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi cannot turn on: I'm trying to access my pc and suddenly Wi-Fi isn't working anymore.I can turn it on in settings, but it doesn't do anything.I troubleshoot it and it says, "wireless capability is turned off."...
  3. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  4. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  5. Wifi cannot start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi cannot start: it's been a few months since my wifi error, I've tried various ways on the internet and I've installed the latest wifi driver, but the result is the same, my wifi still can't turn on. Sometimes I try to fix it continuously and it turns on but when I play games or my gpu...
  6. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have done everything, run most commands, reset my pc thrice, uninstall windows update, but nothing works. Wifi shows available network but refuses to connect Windows 10 2004. 'Can't connect to this network'. This started happening randomly today. I have checked the WLAN...
  7. Wifi cannot be seen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi cannot be seen.: My computer is unable to connect to or see any wireless network. I looked at the driver, and it has a yellow warning symbol in the device manager. It is intelr wi-fi 6 AX200 160MHz. It says that windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56. I...
  8. Cannot Connect to wifi

Cannot Connect to wifi: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and when I troubleshoot the wifi I get the message the intelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems how do I fix this?...
  9. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to Wifi: Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post for this sort of error, but my laptop has been unable to connect to the Wifi for the past day. It's not my own Wifi that is at fault as other devices are able to. When I tried to troubleshoot my computer...
  10. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...